Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
74848643

Hi, I would greatly appreciate your support with the following: My

Customer Question

Hi, I would greatly appreciate your support with the following:

My MacBook Pro, is giving me the following warning message:

"Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable. Shut down and restart your computer, and then open iPhoto again. If the problem persists, try rebuilding your photo library. To do this, quit iPhoto, and then reopen it while keeping the Option and Command keys pressed. You can also try restoring your photo library from a backup."

Two comments to add:
-In the last few months I have noticed that increasingly, my screen blanks and I need to crash it and restart it.
-This problem with iPhoto started yesterday following me accidentally removing my SD card without ejecting correctly.

MacBook Pro details:
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Software: Mac OS X Lion Version 10.7.5 (11G63b)
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 33M 256 MB

Best regards,

Leanne
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 1 year ago.

ErnestAgyare :

Hi I am here to assist

Customer :

Hi, I can't find your answer

ErnestAgyare :

have you create back up in you time machine?

Customer :

I am in Australia on holiday, away from my time capsule. I had a problem with my backing up in last two weeks when my fathers Mac was also at mine

Customer :

Are you able to stay and help me with this urgently pease?

Customer :

Where is your posted answer that I have already paid for please?

ErnestAgyare :

yes

ErnestAgyare :

i am here i will stay with you until you issue is resolved

Customer :

Where is the answer that is posted already please?

Customer :

Can you please post the answer on here that I have already paid for?

ErnestAgyare :

• Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.

• Open iPhoto.

• Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.

• A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.

• Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.
Customer :

It didn't work sorry

ErnestAgyare :

then you have to reinstall iphoto

ErnestAgyare :

do you know how to reinstall iphoto?

Customer :

Oh, so I will lose my recent 1000 pics?

Customer :

No i don't know how to re install iPhoto

ErnestAgyare :

no you will not you will need to do a backup of the photos

ErnestAgyare :

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2638

ErnestAgyare :

have you done a software update?

Customer :

No I haven't. Could that help now?

ErnestAgyare :

if not please do an update and see if that solves your issue first if not do back up and i have an application that can do so and then reinstall iphoto

ErnestAgyare :

yes that could help now

ErnestAgyare :

please first do an update on iphot

ErnestAgyare :

iphoto

Customer :

I am doing the Mac software update at moment. Is there a specific place that I need to do the iPhoto update?

Customer :

THere are software updates needed on my Mac and I will have to restart my system now

ErnestAgyare :

yes please do all the update the updates sometimes clears up the problem

ErnestAgyare :

open iphoto and under the iphoto tab you will see check for updates

ErnestAgyare :

i just did an update to see how it work and mine went through fine please do the update and then see if it works ...i will be on standby until we have a reach a satisfactory resolution for you

Customer :

When I managed to open iPhoto by pressing alt/option and command, it only has the 'check updates' option blanked out. How can I do the update otherwise please?

ErnestAgyare :

on the top next to the apple should be the iphoto tab click on it and you should see check for updates

ErnestAgyare :

if not go to http://www.apple.com/ilife/

ErnestAgyare :

is that helpful?

Customer :

I am trying this now thanks. I already had the 8.1.2 version on iPhoto. Now am downloading 9.something

ErnestAgyare :

ok i will be on standby untill you finish downloading after that restart and let me know if it works

Customer :

Many thanks, still downloading. Greatly appreciate your help with this

ErnestAgyare :

no problem please feel free to contact me for future issues. I also thank you for remembering to rate me as that is how i get credit for my assistance

ErnestAgyare :

any update?