Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I imported photos from iPhoto into the adobe editor. When

Customer Question

I imported photos from iPhoto into the adobe editor. When I finished editing, I saved the edited photo by clicking "save as" and renaming the photo. I want to import the edited, renamed photo into iphoto, but the error message says the photo is already in iPhoto. I also cannot locate the edited photos in Finder. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Michelle and I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information. When you saved the edited picture from adobe, do you remember where you saved it?

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

In the elements organizer

Appleologist :

Are you able to drag the photo from elements organizer and onto the desktop?

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

didn't know I could do that; let me check

Appleologist :

OK

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

Yes, I was able to drag them

Appleologist :

Ok now what happens when you now drag the photo from the desktop and into iphoto

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

trying...

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

iphoto accept them

Appleologist :

Ok great. So it looks like iphoto is not able to communicate directly with adobe

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

I don't understand what I did wrong to begin with. I've downloaded into iPhoto before, edited in adobe, then imported the edited photos back into iPhoto. This time the photos I worked on were in iPhoto via photo stream.

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

What can I do to get iPhoto to communicate with adobe?

Appleologist :

Ohh ok, that makes a little sense. It is a little tricky working with photos from photo stream because they are technically not stored to your computers hard drive. They are in icloud. Instead, use the photos that are actually stored on your hard drive and not from the photo stream section in iphoto

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

How do I get iCloud photos edited?

Appleologist :

Earlier you mentioned that you edited a photo stream picture, did you get it from the photo stream section in iphoto or did you pull it from the entire iphoto database

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

It was in the photo stream section or file (don't know what the entire iPhoto database is)

Appleologist :

In the left column you will see library. Under that choose photo. That displays all of your photos in the library

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

That's what I did, and then picked the photo stream file

Appleologist :

Ok, try with another picture.

Appleologist :

Proceed like you normally do

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

Do you mean import it to adobe again?

Appleologist :

Yes, just one picture

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

OK, I have another photo from the photo stream file imported into adobe

Appleologist :

Now edit it like you normally do and then try to import it back to iphoto like you normally did it before

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

saved it in organizer, but Elements Organizer still does not come up to be able to select from

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

when I try to import it into iPhoto

Appleologist :

How are you trying to import them?

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

I go back to iPhoto and import thru it. I've done it before, but Elements is not coming up as an option

Appleologist :

When you choose to import to library. Type in element in the search box in the upper right corner

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

OK

Appleologist :

You should now see elements. Now navigate where you saved the picture

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

Looks like that is going to work. Is this because the pictures were in iCloud? Is dragging the pictures onto the desktop another alternative?

Appleologist :

Pictures from iCloud can defiantly be tricky. If for some reason it does not work the normal route, you can use to drag to the desktop option. After it imports into iphoto, you can delete it from the desktop

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

I hope this works!

Appleologist :

Im sure it will. Would you like me to stick around until you are done to confirm?

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

Thanks, but my husband is hungry! I have to fix dinner and then come back probably tomorrow.

Appleologist :

Sure. I understand. You can finish it up tonight. If for some reason you run into issues, let me know tomorrow.

I hope I’ve provided the resolution you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please feel free to provide a rating to end our chat. Have a fantastic rest of your day

JACUSTOMER-p9az274p- :

thanks

Appleologist :

No problem

Appleologist :

.

Appleologist :

Good Morning, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to transfer the pictures successfully into iphoto from Elements