Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography
20625641

My iMac lost its internet connection last week following a

My iMac lost its internet connection last week following a storm. A week later Verizon had us back in business. However, the printer (Epson Stylus NX430), a wireless connection device, is NOT back in business. I can't get it to re-connect. I went through every step of its re-connection protocol several times and still nothin. Please help.

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, You may have already tried all these steps but it might be a good starting point if not. I'll try and help you in about an hour if this does not help. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=183404&prodoid=63091348&foid=194152

Customer:

I guess no one else is available? I had no success after following the suggestions from the internet link above. I'll keep trying on my own. I'll let you know if I'm successful. If not, I'll also let you know.

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, I'm back. Would you like to keep trying by yourself or would you like me to try and help you? I'll be here for the next 70 mins or a bit longer and we can continue tomorrow if there is no success today.

Daniel Whelan :

Have you done a "setup", "restore default settings", "wi-fi settings"?

Daniel Whelan :

If the firewall is turned on on your mac turn it off (epson's suggestion)

Daniel Whelan :

If the above do not work then epson suggest unplugging your routher and plug it back in. Then download the "Drivers and utilities combo package". Once downloaded open it and follow the onscreen instructions, select wireless network and continue.

Daniel Whelan :

After this turn your firewall back on.

Daniel Whelan :

I hope some of this helps. If not please let me know so we can keep trying other possibilities.

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, I was wondering how you were getting on with your wireless printer? If it is still not working and you would like some help please let me know. Otherwise please rate my service as Excellent, Good or OK. Thank you.

Customer:

Turns out I inadvertently used the wrong password. Oy vey.