Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography
20625641

Daughter is overseas with MacBook pro. connects to Wi-Fi but

Daughter is overseas with MacBook pro. connects to Wi-Fi but won't open. possible VNS server isn't working.

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, I'll try to help. So when she chooses a wifi connection it connects but nothing happens? Is she in a building where you have to enter a password XXXXX you connect to the wifi? Sometimes that happens in hotels, on trains, etc where the wifi signal is open but you have to pay to use it. Normally if she can see a connection and it's secured she would have to enter the password XXXXX then it should connect.

Customer:

She says she can connect but won't open. Thinks it's VNS server isn't working. Is there a way she can call or get answer through email?

Customer:

She's in a college dorm

Daniel Whelan :

Do you me call or email me? Unfortunately its against JustAnswers policy to do either, it needs to be done through chat and I appreciate that's not possible for her unless she has another computer or smartphone.

Customer:

She's in a college dorm room in spain

Daniel Whelan :

If so can borrow a computer or use a college computer we could communicate that way

Customer:

She's in a college dorm room. I don't think there's a password XXXXX

Daniel Whelan :

OK, can I ask why you rated me Poor Service when I am trying to help you and your daughter so I can tell Just Answer? Thanks.

Customer:

Am I missing something? No answers received to information given

Daniel Whelan :

I was asking you if she could borrow a laptop so we could communicate directly which is what you seem to be asking me before you rated Bad Service. I will opt-out now and let other experts try and help you.

Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography
hello i may be able to assist ....does the router have a static ip?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked her

please let me know that could be one reason
just following up to see if you were able to detect if you had a static Ip. Please remember my purpose here is the assist you until you have a resolution. I thank you in advance for rating me as that is how i get credit for my service