Mac_Martin
Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming.
74139101

PLEASE HELP!! My name is XXXXX XXXXX i cannot log into my acct--i want

Customer Question

PLEASE HELP!! My name is XXXXX XXXXX i cannot log into my acct--i want to take down my acct but evertime in put in my email and passwoed, it goes right to my husbands page
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Celine, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do everything I can to help you get back into your Facebook account so you can take it down.

Firstly, could I get you to verify a few things?

1) When you go to facebook.com is it asking you to enter your email and password XXXXX does it go straight into your husbands account?

2) Once you're in your husbands account, can you manually log off the account by clicking on the tools icon on the top right corner and then "Log Out", log back in and then inspect the page to verify it is indeed your husband's and not your own?

I will wait for you to do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey! thank u for ur reply!

Everythime i log on---email and password, it goes to his fb page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i log out and when i log back in it says email is incorrect

then put in my password XXXXX it goes back into his acct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any chance of calling me on my house phone and guiding me thru steps?

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Okay, what we're going to do is clear your browser's cache to allow it to logout properly.

From the Safari menu bar up the top, click on "Safari" then "Empty Cache".

Once you've done that go back to the menu bar again, click "Safari", "Preferences", select the "Privacy" tab and click "Details".

Type facebook into the search field and then click on "Remove All", "Done".

Then close and reopen Safari again, navigate to http://www.facebook.com and try to login again.

Let me know how this goes!
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I am unable to view your phone number Celine, we are not allowed to phone customers as of yet, but I can continue guiding you through this if you like.

Try the steps I wrote above this message and we will continue diagnosing the problem from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i di that... when i log on it says....email address was recently removed from ur acct.......omg, i wanna scream!! lol

Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok don't panic just yet Celine! What you can do is go into your email's inbox and look for any recent emails you've received from Facebook. If someone has hacked your account and changed the account's email address you should get a confirmation via email to make sure it was you who requested it.

Make sure you have a look in the spam folder as well as inbox.

Let me know if you found anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok---- I used my user name and my picture is up. It asks if I wanna reset password XXXXX when I hit continue--- it's not working.
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
That page may come up if you're using an old password, can you verify if you're logged in or still on the login page asking you to reset your password XXXXX continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on the page that says reset ur password XXXXX it seems frozen---- when I click to cont it won't budge!
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok I just replicated the page you're on by performing the same steps on my account and when you try to reset it through that page it should ask you how you want to reset your password XXXXX say "Email me a link to reset my password" with a small hint of what the email could be, can you verify that the email listed there is not yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Instead of putting in my email--- which goes right to my husband page---- I put my name celinecunninghamrossi--- and my pict comes up! And when asking to reset password, it keeps frozen when I click cont..... Won't move
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
I have tried it for you on my computer and it doesn't work either, reason being is it doesn't detect any email addresses belonging to the account.

Can you go into your email inbox and verify you don't have any emails from Facebook regarding account changes (email or password XXXXX)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am calling my optonline service now
Fb says "try to get access to ur email"
I have to call my major provider...... U think this is the right step?
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
I think you should try logging in by using your username (instead of email) and password.

If that's not working then you should verify that there aren't any emails in your inbox regarding Facebook and account changes, this will eliminate the fact that someone got into your account and changed the account settings.

Are you calling your provider for access to your email account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i just called optimum and got my email password XXXXX not having luck with this

Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok good, have you been able to logon to your email to see if there any Facebook emails in your inbox or spam folder? If someone changed your password XXXXX Facebook account email address it will show up in your email asking if it was you who made the change.

For you to gain access again you have to pick the option that says:
"If you didn't do this, please secure your account."
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Are you having trouble with this Celine? Feel free to ask me anything if you get stuck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I did it--- I tried it from my iPhone to delete?? Dear god! Let him answer my prayers that it will be completely deleted!! Lol
I put in my phone number and says it should be deleted by 19th?
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ahh yes! That sounds right, it doesn't delete instantly in case someone else is trying to remove your account, it gives you about 2 weeks to change your mind but don't worry in the mean time the account wont be visible to anyone trying to view it.

Is there anything else I can help you with, Celine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have to wait to see if its gone---i may still need ur help?? lol

pray!! i am so done with this Facebook life!! lol

Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.

Well this answer will expire much sooner than 2 weeks from now, I'd be more than happy to email you in a couple of days and again in 2 weeks to make sure everything worked out fine!

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you and feel free to rate my answer if you thought I was helpful today, it would be greatly appreciated! =]

Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi Celine, how's the Facbook account going?

I wanted to remind you that in order for the account to be completely deactivated you mustn't login within those 2 weeks otherwise it will re-activate!

I'll be here if you still have any other questions.