Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. DEAR SIR/MADAM :MY NAME ISXXXXX

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. DEAR SIR/MADAM :MY NAME ISXXXXX WORK FOR 21ST CENTURY FOX IN AUSTRALIA AND HAVE AN APPLE MACBOOK WHICH I WORK FROM WHEN AT HOME. I NOTE THAT I GOOGLE IS BEING PHAZED OUT IN NOVEMBER.WHEN I HIT THE SAFARI BUTTON THE GOOGLE PAGE COMES UP ON WHICH I HAVE 30 GADGETS. IE CNN, FOX, ESPN, BBC, REUTERS, GOOGLE NEWS, NYK TIMES, WASHINGTON POST. TIME CLOCKS,WEATHER, STOCK MARKETS DOW JONES AND STOCK PORTFOLIOS.. BLA BLA. THERE ARE THREE ITEMS PER GADGET WHICH I CAN VIEW WHEN REQUIRED. MY QUESTION: CAN I HOLD ONTO THE 30 GADGETS ON MY GOOGLE PAGE OR WILL THEY DISAPPEAR WITH I GOOGLE. HOW CAN I SAVE THEM. WILL GOOGLE CHROME REPLACE I GOOGLE OR WILL THEIR BE A NEW ICON. THANK YOU. MY EMAIL;XXX@XXXXXX.XXX au.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Are you saying about iGoogle gadgets on safari ? Is that 30 gadgets are the one added as your iGoole gadget ?

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY AND WOULD LIKE THIS ISSUE SOLVED ASAP.

YES, YOU ARE CORRECT WITH ANSWER THERE ARE 30 GADGETS ON MY IGOOGLE.

NOT HAPPY SO FAR AND NEED TO KNOW CAN THESE BE SAVED WHEN I GOOGLE GOES IN NOVEMBER AND HOW.!!!!!

REGARDS JOHN

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you are right. iGoogle will be retired on November 1, 2013. The mobile version was retired on July 31, 2012. But thanks to google,you can export your iGoogle homepage settings (including country, language, theme, layout and gadgets installed) to an XML file.

To export your settings:

1. Click the Optionsgear theniGoogle settings.
  2. At the bottom of the page, clickExportnext to "Export iGoogle settings to your computer."

Check this Google page to know more. A good alternative for iGoogle, that I like to recommend ins Symbaloo. Click here for more details. Another alternatives I like to recommend are NetVibes and Protopage.

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

JINS: CAN YOU ANSWER ONE MORE QUESTION. WILL THE XML FILE APPEAR ON THE BOTTOM OF THE COMPUTOR LIKE SAFARI.

AFTER I CHOOSE ONE OF THE THREE AN ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU TO I GOOGLE. AT THE MOMENT I HIT SAFARI AND I GOOGLE COMES UP WITH ALL MY GADGETS. CAN I ALSO PUT IN MY IXL FILE ASAP INSTEAD OF WAITING UNTIL NOVEMBER 1 WHEN I GOOGLE IS RETIRED. THANKS JOHN .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: WHILE I'M A VERY GOOD SPORTS TV JOURNALIST, I'M NOT TECH SAVVY. YES, WORKING FOR NEWS CORP I DO KNOW THE US TIME DIFFERENCE WITH EAST COAST 14 HRS AND I GUESS YOU ARE BASED IN SFO, 17 HRS BEHIND EAST COAST AUST. I AM CONFUSED AND LEFT FIELD WITH YOUR I GOOGLE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEY ARE TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME TO ACTIVATE. COULD YOU DO IT YOUR END WITH ALTERNATIVES AND RECOMMENDATIONS. IF I ATTEPT TO DO IT I'LL ONLY STUFF UP. LET ME KNOW WHAT IS NECESSARY IE NAME AND PASSWORD XXXXX IN. ALSO DOES $69 COVER AND IF NOT LET ME KNOW.NEED REPLY ASAP.

THANKS AGAIN SORRY TO BOTHER YOU. JOHN

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir, Sorry for the delay in reply. I was away from the system and now only I am reading your message. I am from India and our time zone is different. Today (Saturday July 6) I will be online at night 10PM to 12 Midnight (Our time is IST + 5.30) and I hope that time is convenient for you. Otherwise let me know the time suitable for you.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINSMN: THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY AND I AM ON THE MONEY WITH INDIAN TIME BECAUSE OF THE CRICKET. 10PM-MIDNIGHT IS A B IT LATE, BUT WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU WOULD LET ME KNOW THE ANSWER IF YOU COULD PUT TOGETHER MY NEW PAGE TO REPLACE I GOOGLE. I HAVE NO EXPERTISE TOTO EXPORT THE NEW SETTINGS AND ALTERNATIVES RECOMMENDED BY YOU TO REPLACE I GOOGLE. ALL I NEED IS FOR YOU SET UP THE NEW XML FILE. I'VE ALREADY PAID MY $69 AND GIVEN YOU AN EXCELLENT POSITIVE RATING. BUT YOUR WORK IS NOT FINISHED AS I HAVE NOT HAD A SATISFACTORY REPLACEMENT FOR MY CURRENT I GOOGLE PAGE. THE BEST TIMES IS FROM NOON IST TO SET UP THE NEW PAGE. YOU MAY TRY NOW IF YOU LIKE BUT BEFORE 1OPM REGARDS JOHN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: I KNOW TIME IS INCONVENIENT FOR BOTH OF US. I SHALL COMPROMISE AND GIVE YOU A 9HR WINDOW TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE 5&1/2 TIME DIFFERENCE. MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT ME AEST : NOON TO 9PM. THAT WILL BE ROUND 6AM- 3PM IST. YOUR 10PM -MIDNIGHT ONLINE DOES NOT WORK.THAT WILL BE 3.30AM - 5.30AM AEST. NEED TO SEUP NEW PAGE ASAP. I'LL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL 9.30PM AEST TONITE.REGARDS JOHN.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay John, I will be online from Sunday 12 noon here. We can discuss and do the things to fix the issue.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: THANKS A BUNCH. YOU'RE A GOOD MAN.KNEW YOU WOULD COME THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH LIKE SACHIN TENDULKAR HTTING 100. THATS WHY I GAVE YOU A POSITIVE RATING BEFORE THE ISSUE WAS FIXED. WE NOW KNOW THAT YOU SENDING AN EMAIL 10.05 PM IST IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AS ITS 3.05 AM MORNING AND I'M NOT AWAKE AT THAT TIME AND MIDNIGHT IS 5.30 AM AEST.

I'LL AWIAT YOUR NOON TIME CONTACT WHICH IS 5.30PM AEST HERE.IF NECESSARY I'LL GIVE YOU MY NAME AND PASSWORD XXXXX LOG IN SO YOU CAN FIX YOUR END. ANOTHER OPTION IS MY TELEPHONE NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXX COUNTRY CODE IS 61, STATE 3. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM CONTACT YOUR DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE YOUR ND THEY WILL PUT YOU THROUGH. LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU. CHEERS XXXXX XXXXX JOHN

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, are you using gmail ? If so give me only the part before the @ symbol. Please check this blog post also.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: NO I DO'T USE G MAIL. CHECKED "THIS BLOG POST" AND SAW XML FILE. HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO ACTIVE.

CAN YOU DO SO YOUR END WITH MY PASSWORD. THANKS JOHN

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, which email service you are using ? Give me only the part after the @

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: @OPTUSNET.COM.AU. THANKS & REGARDS JOHN

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Please give me the part before the @ of your email address.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: MY FULL EMAIL ADDRESS:

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX,AU

TRY UPPER CASE AND IF THAT FAILS GO LOWER CASE TO CONNECT.

THIS IS REALLY SO FRUSTRATING AND TAKING LONGER THAN I EXPECTED. TKS @RGDS JOHNH

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
give me only the part before the @

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: ITS THIRSKJ BEFORE @..OK TKS&RGDS JOHN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: HOW ARE YOU PROGRESSING. WE HAVE BEEN GOING 2HRS SO FAR WITH NO RESULT. HAVEN'T HEARD FROM SINCE 6.38PM AEST.

EVERYTHING OK.

TKS @ RGDS JOHN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: ANY JOY YOUR END AND I'VE GIVEN ALL THE INFOR YOU REQIRE TO ACTIVATE.

DO YOU WANT TO FIX THE ISSUE BY PHONE.

IT MAY BE A LOT QUICKER THAN EXCHANGING EMAILS WHICH IS TAKING TOO LONG.

I HAVE ANOTHER 1 HOUR LEFT.

PHONE XXXXXXXXXXX WHICH INCLUDES COUNTRY CODE (61) AND STATE (3). LET ME KNOW.

TKS&RGDS JOHN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: WE HAVE GONE 31/2HRS WITH NO RESULT FROM YOU TO FIX THE ISSUE. I HAVE GIVEN YOU ALL THE INFO AS REQUESTED, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS GONE WRONG YOUR END. ITS NOW 3.30PM IST, I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD WORK ON THE ISSUE OVER NITE MY TIME. PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL ASAP AS SOON AS YOU FIXED THE SWITCH FROM I GOOGLE TO ONE OF YOUR SELECTIONS. I'LL PICK YOUR ANSWER WHEN I GET UP IN THE MORNING AND HOPE ITS ALL GOOD. TKS & RGDS JOHN.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir, Sorry for the delay in reply. Here was a storm and heavy rain. So power went off. Please try the steps in my previous answer and let me know the result.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI JINS: APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS RE EMAIL AND PHONE CONTACT. TOO BAD ABOUT THE STORM. AS I SAID I DO NOT HAVE THE CONFIDENCE OR EXPERTISE TO CARRY OUT THE STEPS IN YOUR PREVIOUS ANSWER. I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS ISSUE. PLEASE GET IN CONTACT WITH ME AT NOON (IST) WHERE IT WILL BE 5.30PM (AEST) THE SAME AS YESTERDAY. DESPITE NOT GETTING ANYWHERE, SO FAR, I HOPE TO KEEP YOU ON A POSITIVE RATING OF EXCELLENT. TKS& REGARDS JOHN.