Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

How do I fix error message #353? It comes up when I try to

Customer Question

How do I fix error message #353? It comes up when I try to post a video from iPhoto to my Facebook wall.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 3 years ago.

ErnestAgyare :

hello i am here to assist...are you getting this error from a phone or a computer

Customer :

MacBook computer

ErnestAgyare :

have you restarted it ?

Customer :

yes

ErnestAgyare :

what happens when you try to upload other videos do u get the same error

Customer :

yes, for all videos from iPhoto.

ErnestAgyare :

this could be because of the format of the video is not supported or you may need to re install or update your iphoto to support newer version of video

Customer :

re install iPhoto? Really? How would I do that?

ErnestAgyare :

you can go to google.com and type iphoto update and it will bring it up. please also check to see if you iphoto is set up to read all format of video

Customer :

iPhoto takes the video just fine and I can view the video on iPhoto easily. The error comes only when I attempt to post the video on my Facebook wall.

ErnestAgyare :

when you go to facebook and you click upload where is the file located

Customer :

that's not how it works. There is a "share" tab in iPhoto. One option of where to share is Facebook. I haven't been going to Facebook to "get it". I have been trying to upload from iPhoto to Facebook. It works just fine for still photos....lust a problem with videos

ErnestAgyare :

i just contacted facebook and got some some information.

ErnestAgyare :
  • Make sure your video is in a supported format. You'll have the best luck with the MP4format.
  • Make sure your video doesn't exceed the size or time limits you see on the upload page.
  • Check that you're using the latest version of a supported browser.
ErnestAgyare :

also facebook is aware of upload errors and are fixing it according to them

ErnestAgyare :

i undersand iphoto has a share tab i am currently now on a mac to assist troubleshooting but also log on to facebook and click upload and try it that way to see if it works. Please let me know if i can further assist you

Hello I am following up to make sure you issue has been resolved. Please remember my purpose here it to assist you until you have a satisfactory solution I thank you for remembering to rate me as that is how i get credit for assisting you. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was a waste of my time and $58.00. There is NO chance I will ever use the service or recommend to anyone I know to do so either.

SW

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

I am so sorry that you are having problem posting your videos to Facebook. Would you like to hear what I have to offer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure!
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the opportunity!

How big is/are your video file(s)? How long are they (in minutes)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Less than 2 minutes
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. That should not be a problem. Do you use Safari to upload to Facebook?

Do you have Firefox or another Browser?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I use Safari some and Firefox some
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

Do you get the same error with both Browsers?

Were you be able to upload your videos to Facebook before?

I am so sorry that I am asking too many questions. This is a troubleshooting issue. I would like to go step-by-step. Thanks for understanding.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think this is the first time trying to post a video on my Facebook wall. Posting photos works just fine rom iPhoto. I shot the video with a Sony Cyber-Shot, 8.1 mega pixel digital camera.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

Now open iPhoto. Right click or press Control + Click the file and select File Location. You will see that video file. Please copy this file to Desktop. Open Facebook via Safari. Upload that file on Desktop.

Do you have the same error?