Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

Regularly I am having difficulty sending email from my gmail

Regularly I am having difficulty sending email from my gmail account. I have a MacBookPro. If I haven't sent a message in 10 minutes or more, when I am ready to send, I have to Quit Email, go back on, then type my password XXXXX (if) requested, and then the mail goes out. Sometimes I have to repeat this process three times. Can you help me?
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

It is much faster that I can remote into your computer to assist you.

1. CLICK HERE.
  2. On the site, click on the Orange Share button.
  3. Download and run the join.me tool.
  4. You will see the Orange on middle-top part of the screen.
  5. Give me the 9 numbers in form of xxx-xxx-xxx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I can't do what you asked. First, my internet is whacky--doesn't download in a decent time and second, there was no orange in the top middle nor was there a 9 code number that I could use. I will contact you again tomorrow around 11 a.m. my time.

Sure. We can do this tomorrow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bernard

Bernard,

Do you get any error messages?

Please go to Mail->Preferences. Go to Account Information. Under SMTP server, click on the menu and select Edit SMTP Server info.

On the next window, click on Advanced. What is the outgoing Server, port number, and SSL box checked or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have followed your instructions. You asked what is the outgoing Server port. I am using default ports 25, 465 and 587. The SSL is checked. My actual server is sonicnet.us

What else can I do? I don't feel I have really found a solution yet.

Thanks for your reply.

Please change default to custom and enter 25. Uncheck SSL box. Close the Window. Close Mail Preferences and try to send an email.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now I cannot send an email at all. I get the instruction for try later or select the server.

Thanks.

Please go back to the SMTP Edit server, go to Advanced and change the port number to 587 and check the SSL box. Close them and try to send again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the help. I thought my response had been lost because I had a "Request Timeout" answer when I clicked on Reply to your final answer with the face selections.

You are welcomed. Glad it worked out for you.

Happy 4th of July!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here