Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I am having no success transfering playlists from Itunes to Ipad.

Customer Question

I am having no success transfering playlists from Itunes to Ipad. Tell me how to do this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

I need some information from you before I can guide you to the correct solution.

When you connect your ipad to the computer, your ipad name would be listed to the top right of the itunes. Click on the ipad name, and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as summary, info, music, photos, apps etc.

Under the summary tab, there is an option called "manually manage music and videos".

Is that currently selected OR not selected?

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. manually manage videos is selected. Nothing is said about managing music and videos

Thank you.

How do you usually sync music to your ipad? Is it by clicking on the "sync now" button?
Just drag the playlist name on the left onto the top of the iphone name listed at the right. (Don't click on sync now).

If that does not sync the playlist, click on the ipad name at the top right. Now to the right of the "Summary" tab, there is a tab for "music". Click on it and select "sync music" and select either entire music library or selected playlists. Now click on sync now or apply at the bottom (This will replace all the music in your ipad with your selection).

Let me know whether this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this does not work.....keep trying...

Are you able to play the songs in your playlist?

If you are, let's go back to the summary tab and deselect the option "manually manage". Now click on apply/sync at the bottom.

Now go the music tab next to the summary tab and select "sync music" and select "entire library". Now click on sync/apply at the bottom.

Does it sync the playlist now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I give up..... still no sync.... please credit my acct.

Sorry it did not work, you tried, Thanks, Kirkland

I am sorry. I don't understand why you rated my service as poor. You are rating my service and not the answer.

We have one more are remaining and that is to restore the iPad to factory settings. Then try a sync and see whether the playlist go through.

If that too does not work, please let me know and I will sent in your request for refund.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry for the bad review of your service. You were very courteous and I feel that you tried to find a solution to my problem. However, I feel that you were not familiar with the sync problems associated with Itunes, I had already tried the steps that you outlined several times before contacting ASK and was tired of trying the 'same old thing'. The reason for the poor review was, I did not want to pay for the service when it did not address my problem. I hope you understand that I was happy with you, but you did not resolve my problem. I hope that I will not be charged for your service. Thank you, Kirkland

That's Ok.

Those are the only two ways of syncing the playlist into the ipad. Either to drag and drop or go to the music tab and selecting the sync.

If the restore too did not work and if the other playlists go through fine, it is a problem with that specific playlist and you may need to recreate it.

Here's the link for refund.