Brad M
Brad M, IT Support Tech
Experience:  I have a BS in Computer Information Systems, and I have professional & home experience with Macs.
41676755

My iPhone transferred my Notes to my gMail/google account.

Customer Question

My iPhone transferred my Notes to my gMail/google account. Where did they go? I cannot find them.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brad M replied 3 years ago.

bradm :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you with this issue.

bradm :

Please give me a minute while I do a little more research on this issue.

bradm :

You should be able to find your notes in your Gmail account by clicking in the Search bar at the top of your Inbox and typing "label: Notes" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter. The iPhone syncs notes under Notes, so this should search your Inbox for items with that label.

bradm :

You may not be able to edit the notes from your Gmail account, but you should be able to on your phone.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

Nothing. It did not find/go to the Notes.

bradm :

What version iPhone do you have? If you are not sure, you can look that information up here on Apple's website:

Identifying iPhone models

bradm :

Also, do you currently have your Gmail account setup on your phone as an IMAP account with Notes enabled to sync? If you do not have it enabled, and your Notes are still on your phone, you should enable it again and then search for the "Notes" label again.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

I have a 4S

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

Notes was enabled to sync. It has been changed to the cloud so as not to lose anything else or in the future.

bradm :

So were the Notes you synced to Google lost? As in, they are no longer on your phone, and you cannot find them in Gmail?

bradm :

Another thing to check, click the Settings (gear icon) in the upper right corner, and then click Settings. Click the Labels tab, and make sure "Notes" is set to "show" under "show in label list".

bradm : I want to clarify that my recommended steps were to be performed in a computer web browser and not on your phone. You would need to subscribe to the Notes folder by making sure it is set to sync via IMAP from the settings area of your Gmail. This should be on the same settings page instructed above.
bradm :

Hi, I see that you have rated my service as "Bad" twice in this chat session. Was that intentional, and is there anything I (or another Expert) can do to change your rating?

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

First, non of the above showed in the past few exchanges.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

I have Notes showing now on the computer web browser. But none of the missing Notes that vanished and were presumably synced are there.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

Isn't there a way to contact Google?

bradm : Have you checked your trash and archive folders in Gmail? I'm not sure where else they might be since you already have some notes synchronized there. I will see if Google has a way of contacting them.
bradm : https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en - this is the Gmail support page if you would like it. I have already searched their sure for information related to this issue.
bradm : Please reconsider changing your feedback from negative to positive. I would greatly appreciate it for my efforts.
JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

The point is nothing provided has helped. If the answer is just 'you should have known better than to use Google' then say so. Not sure that is worth much however.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

The Notes from my iPhone were synced apparently to gMail. Why they vanished from the iPhone I do not get as I thought syncing left them on the iPhone also. It does so with email, Contacts, etc.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

Anyway, if no one or you cannot tell me where they are, how to get them, then I am not satisfied.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

Realize that does not make it your 'fault' if nothing can be done. But also does not make me satisfied.

JACUSTOMER-vt35awkw- :

Yes I checked trash, and email and every other thing I could find on gmail before I tried to contact google and ended up with this organization. So I gave it a try.

Expert:  Ernest Agyare replied 3 years ago.
i can assist you with this issue, are you trying to recover it from your phone or a computer
the easiest way to locate your notes is on the top part of your gmail window, you will see an open search bar and next to it , it says "search mail" please type in there "label:notes"...please let me know if that works
hi i was just inquiring to see if my answer was helpful, please know i am happy to answer any follow up question for you.
Expert:  Brad M replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry for the trouble you have gone through with this issue. I know technology problems can be frustrating. I am not sure where your Notes have gone. If you synced them with Gmail, they should be in Gmail and still on your phone. If you have ever synced your phone with your computer through iTunes (and you have a Mac), you may also want to check there. It would sync to your Mail program:

Mail > Preferences > Accounts > (your account) > Mailbox Behaviors > Notes >Show Notes in Inbox

Those are the only places I could think your Notes may be, unless they have somehow been deleted.

Please reconsider giving me positive feedback for this question. You do not have to Accept the question, but negative feedback counts against me personally.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you can give me any more information to try to help you with. I will do all I can to help.