Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

On a Word document, I am getting text that seems to be far

On a Word document, I am getting text that seems to be far to the right, beyond the margins. It doesn't show up on the page but appears on the printed page. In fact, some of it overprints some of the text I want.

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

Sounds like it might be in a text box. Text boxes float above the other text and can be positioned anywhere on the page. Under the View menu, make sure you have Print Layout selected. You should see the page as it prints, and also be able to see the overlapping text. Click inside the overlapping text and you should notice a box appear. Click on the outside of the box and press delete to remove it.

Customer:

I do have a text box. It is to use asterisks to divide the page into two columns, with only one column at the top. I do have it on Print Layout, but the unwanted text still shows only when I print.

BeBoo :

Even in print layout, the unwanted text does not appear on the screen?

Customer:

That is correct.

BeBoo :

Do you mind if we do a remote control session so I can take a look and see if I can find it?

Customer:

Sorry, I didn't get your latest posting until too late. I didn't get an email message that you had answered. If you are available tomorrow, I will be, too. If not, Monday. Thanks

BeBoo :

I will be available tomorrow from around 9:00 AM EST for a few hours. Reply when you are ready tomorrow.

Customer:

Brandon—

Customer:

Let's hold off for a while. Your mention of a text box triggered a thought in my ancient brain, and it seems to be working. I already had a text box running down the middle of the page. Now I have created two additional text boxes, one for the left column of text and one for the right. I am typing the text desired into the two columns. Seems to be working. (It's only one page, a poem.) I'll finish it, print it, and let you know how it works out.

Customer:

It worked. Thank you. —George