Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Enter your system lock pin to unlock this Mac. How do I get

Customer Question

Enter your system lock pin to unlock this Mac. How do I get this code?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your password:
- Insert the Mac OS Install disc in the Mac and restart the Mac
- When you hear the startup beep, hold down the C key until you see a spinning gear.
- Choose Utilities > Reset password
- Follow the on screen instructions to reset your password.

Restart the computer.

---------------------------

If you do NOT have an Installation CD/DVD, you can reset your password by following the intructions below:

Please, follow the instructions below:
- Turn your Mac off
- Hold down the Command key and the letter S while you turn your Mac on
- After it boots up, wait 10 seconds and then let go of Command S
- Type: mount -uw /
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Type: launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons /com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist
- Press Enter
- Type: ls /Users
- Press Enter
- You will see your username listed there.
- Type: passwd username
----Example, if your username is joejoe, you would type: passwd joejoe
- Press Enter
- Type your new password (it will not show anything)
- Press Enter
- Type your password again
- Press Enter
- Type: rm -rf /Users/username/Library/Keychains/login.keychain
- Press Enter
- Type: reboot
- Press Enter

Now your username will have the new password that you just set.

If you have any questions, I am available to continue.