Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I am using a iMac. I have Microsoft Outlook 2010. I have no

I am using a iMac. I have Microsoft Outlook 2010. I have no problem getting the e-mail into Outlook but when I reply to the e-mail and try to send it, it stays in the outbox. Need Help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  sanguinesandeep replied 1 year ago.

sandy :

Hi, I am Sandy and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

sandy :

Please let me know when you are ready to work with me.

Customer:

I am ready

sandy :

Could you please tell me about your email service provider? gmail/hotmail/yahoo or other?

Customer:

Yahoo

sandy :

okay.

sandy :

Please tell change your outgoing email server port to 587

sandy :

and and it should work.

sandy :

Please Open outlook, Go your account settings.

sandy :

And then click the advanced tab and change the smtp(outgoing port to 587)

sandy :

and click OK.

sandy :

It should help.

Customer:

I am clicking on "Account settings" and it is not opening account settings window.

sandy :

On the account settings, you will find a drop down.

sandy :

Please click on the drop down.

sandy :

And go to account properties.

Customer:

It opened the window.

sandy :

Go to More settings.

sandy :

Choose your account, click Change.

sandy :

And then click More settings.

sandy :

And then click Advanced tab

Customer:

I changed the outgoing port to 587.I tried sending a message. It is still sitting in the outbox.

sandy :

It should be 587 (with SSL/TLS).

sandy :

Please check it again and click OK.

Customer:

I have a box checked for my outgoing server needs authentication. Can it be causing the problem?

sandy :

• Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.

• Make sure the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is selected.

sandy :

Yes, it should be checked.

sandy :

Did you check the SSL/TLS options along with 587 outgoing port setting.

sandy :

Please listen: Do not check the Require logon using Secure Password XXXXX (SPA) checkbox

sandy :

Do not check the Require logon using Secure Password XXXXX (SPA) checkbox

Customer:

I tried SSL and then TLS. For both I get the error that my ISP does not support SSL or TLS.

sandy :

okay choose None for this.

sandy :

9:51 PM

sandy :

And click OK.

sandy :

Click send and receive.

sandy :

And then delete the email from outbox.

sandy :

And send a new test email to yourself. Click Send and receive and check if you get the email back to your account.

Customer:

Where do I look for SPA check box you mentioned.

sandy :

Once you go to Account Settings and Account properties.

Customer:

SPA box is greyed out.

sandy :

okay, It is unchecked.

sandy :

choose None security for 587 for outgoing port.

sandy :

And then please delete the email from outbox.

sandy :

And send a test email to your email account and check if you receive that or not.

Customer:

OK. I will try.

sandy :

Alright, please go ahea.

sandy :

ahead.

Customer:

Test e-mail went through. Shall I try forwarding an e-mail?

sandy :

Please click send and receive and check if you receive that.

sandy :

You mean you have got it into inbox. Right.

sandy :

??

sandy :

okay, try to forward..

Customer:

Still not working.

sandy :

Did you get the test email into inbox or not?

Customer:

No.

sandy :

Did it went to outbox again.

Customer:

The e-mail that I forwarded is still in outbox.

sandy :

Do you see the test email in outbox or not?

Customer:

Test e-mail is not in outbox.

sandy :

In the advanced tab where you change the outgoing port settings, please make sure that leave a copy on the server must be checked.

sandy :

And then click OK.

Customer:

sent items has a copy of test message.

sandy :

And then click OK.

sandy :

Please tell me when you are done with this.

Customer:

Yes. It is done.

sandy :

Please send a test email to yourself again.

sandy :

And then click send and receive.

sandy :

Done?

sandy :

Did you receive it into inbox or not?

Customer:

Yes. The Test Message comes to Inbox. Still forwarding stays in Outbox.

sandy :

Good.

sandy :

Now, please go to your Yahoo webmail account. www.yahoo.com using your browser like safari.

Customer:

I am there.

sandy :

You are logged into the webmail account as well. Right.

Customer:

Yes.

sandy :

Now, please try to forward using webmail account.

sandy :

And tell me if it works there or not.

Customer:

If I forward an e-mail in Yahoo to my yahoo address, it works.

sandy :

Were you forwarding to Your Yahoo address in outlook as well?

Customer:

yes.

sandy :

Also, please check for one more thing named Email Forwarding: You can check it in the webmail account as under:

sandy :

Please go to your webmail account, Click Gear settings. And click Select "Mail Options" from the pull-down menu.

sandy :

Click the "POP & Forwarding" link located in the Mail Options in the left column.

sandy :

On the POP & Forwarding page, Please check if it is forwarding to other email account.

sandy :

If yes, please disable that and stop forwarding.

Customer:

It is not checked and the box is blank.

sandy :

okay

sandy :

change your Yahoo account password XXXXX and then enter the new password XXXXX outlook as well.

sandy :

If still it does not work, it is an issue with yahoo.

Customer:

OK.

sandy :

and should fix with time.

sandy :

I have tried my best. I hope you got most of the part working.

sandy :

Have you changed password?

sandy :

Please remember to rate my service b hitting starts given at the bottom.

Customer:

I changed password XXXXX sent a test message. It works. I need to try forwarding.

sandy :

\okay, please that as well.

sandy :

Before forwarding, please check what address it shows in the "To" section.

sandy :

And check if shows in the sent mail.

Customer:

The forwarded message stays in the Outbox. It does not appear in the Sent items box.

sandy :

Let me take remote control of your computer once.

Customer:

OK

sandy :

Open the link: https://join.me/ Click orange Play icon beside Start Meeting and download and run this file. You will get a pop up on the screen. That pop will show you a 9 digit number. Please tell me about this 9 digit number.

Customer:

I downloaded join me.zip and clicked on it. I thought it will start the program but nothing happening here. I will goto download folder and see whether there is some file that I need to click.

sandy :

Okay.

sandy :

Click that file and run that.

sandy :

And tell me about the 9 digit number.

Customer:

453-967-195

sandy :

okay, connecting.

Customer:

The Techs Could not solve the problem

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Let me log into your computer.

I cannot log into your computer. Please run Join.me again and give me the 9 numbers so I can remote into your computer.

Thanks!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The Problem is not solved yet.
Expert:  Daniel Whelan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will try and help. Are there still messages in the outbox? If so can they be deleted for now and sent again in the future? Have you managed to completely send any other emails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are still two messages in the outbox probably atleast a week old and the date for those messages is indicated as none in the outbox.

OK, delete those 2 messages and then try and send another one to a known working email address please and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Deleted the 2 messages and sent 1 message. I went through.

Great, your incoming and outgoing email are working fine. Before we go any further lets check for updates. Go to Help-Check for Updates. If there are any updates please install them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No Important Update Available. There is 1 optional update available(Bind Desktop v. 1.3.

OK. Lets leave the update. Try and forward an email (not to the same address you tried to forward to before) and with no attachment and see if it goes. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried sending a test message to a different e-mail address. It is in the outbox after 30 min.

OK ,delete it from the outbox. Try and send a forwarding email to the same email address you sent the this email to earlier "Deleted the 2 messages and sent 1 message. I went through."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This e-mail did not get forwarded.It is still sitting in Outbox.

OK. Delete it from the outbox. It is very strange that a new email goes through fine but you can't forward an email. I just want to check you are using outlook for Mac 2011 as you said 2010 originally (which doesn't exist for Mac)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using Microsoft Windows Outlook on iMac with Parallels desktop. It is not Outlook for Mac.

I'm going to opt out to let another expert who is more familiar with Parallels than I.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Lindie, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been charged already for answering this question. I thought that you people would collect the money after the problem is solved. How does it help me if I close the question before it is solved?

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will wait for the professional to help solve the problem.

Thanks.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Which version of windows you are using with parallels ? XP, Vista, 7 or 8 ? Do you have any antivirus program installed on that windows installation ? If so disable it and forward a mail, then let me know the result. Is this a new issue with your outlook ?

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The windows version is Vista.

I noticed that when I forward an e-mail, it will go to the Outbox. If I go and look in the outbox, it will have the word "Date:" followed by the today's Date. I am noticing that sometimes, instead of the Date it has the word "None". If the e-mail is under date none, it won't be sent out. If there is a date, it will be sent. I don't why the date doesn't appear sometimes and appears at other times. Sometimes more than one e-mail gets stuck under date None.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, a corrupted PST file may the reason of the issue. Outlook stores mails is Peronal Storage Table file and if that file corrupted errors will occur in outlook. So please use the tool named scanpst to repair your PST file. Click here to see how to use it.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ScanPST.exe did not fix the problem. I looked at the Addins and found iCloud listed there. I unchecked it and looks like it is working. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Venu Reddy

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Happy to hear the problem fixed. Thank you very much for the positive rating. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/ Now let me file this question as closed.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.