Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have iphoto When I try to make a slideshow with music...

I have iphoto When I try to make a slideshow with music, I hit the music button however, even though itunes is listed it will not open up so that I can select a song of songs. It defaults to a song that I did not select. How do I open itunes Gerald [email protected]

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

Please close out of iPhoto and iTunes

Open iTunes first then open iPhoto; now try opening iTunes in iPhoto

Let me know if it works
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry it did not open - when i hit itunes a song plays but I can not open the itunes file to select a song also how do I select two songs to play during the slide show. Thanks, Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Do you mean when you select iTunes within iPhoto that it plays a random song?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - it is the same song ( a xmas song ) The itunes will not open

OK try this..

1. Quit iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and iTunes.

2. In the Finder, locate your iTunes folder.

It is usually in [Home]/Music/iTunes or [Home]/Documents/iTunes. If it’s not there, search for it.

3. Open the iTunes folder and drag the iTunes Music Library.xml file to your desktop.

4. Open iTunes and create a new playlist (choose File > New Playlist).

5. Quit iTunes and open iPhoto.

You should now see your iTunes library when creating a slideshow.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try this josh but I have an appointment. Can I have an email address to contact you later - sorry - what is my document #

You can return by going to Justanswer.com and clicking on My questions and signing into your account

OR

You can use the links in your email account if you set that up when you first signed up with Justanswer

OR

You can bookmark this page by pressing CTRL and D together on your keyboard and return through your favorites

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

josh, Can we continue with my iphoto problem. Here was my original question Jerry xxxx [email protected] my cc is already on file I have iphoto When I try to make a slideshow with music, I hit the music button however, even though itunes is listed it will not open up so that I can select a song of songs. It defaults to a song that I did not select. How do I open itunes

Hi Jerry,

Did you get a chance to try this..

5. Quit iTunes and open iPhoto.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josh,

the music library file looks like a binary code file(does not list songs). I put it on the desktop.I opened a new playlist in itunes put some songs in it - but the itunes in iphoto still will not open. Did I miss something

Do you mind if we do a screen sharing session so I can view the issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, not a problem

Navigate to http://166.78.231.170:8040/ and type in the code "1".
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unable to launch

Please make sure any popup blocker is turned off
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay - we will try again

OK --
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry still not working I unchecked block pop- up in my Safari

That is very strange -- I had someone else connect to my session to test the connectivity and it worked.

Has iPhoto ever worked properly with iTunes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - every time I try it will not open yet one song will play - very odd

Have you attempted to uninstall/reinstall iPhoto?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. I am not sure how to do that.

Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

Re-install.

Here is the link to install iPhoto again --> https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6970/apple-iphoto

Click on the Download link in blue near the top(to the right is Buy); DO NOT click on the green button that says Download Now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do - thanks - we'll let you know if this works

OK great
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the update will not open it needs 10.5 I am running 10.4 how can I reinstall the iphoto that I currently have

Hi Jerry,

Did you uninstall iPhoto?

Where did you purchase iPhoto from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i did not uninstall iphoto it came with my mac package. Can I reinstall what I have? I am not sure they even have iphoto for 10.4 I think I may just have to update my operating system. Amazing isn't it all I wanted to do was add a little music to a slide show!!

OK let's try this..

Close iPhoto and iTunes

Open iPhoto while holding down the Command+Option Keys

Select Repair Permissions and after that is complete, run Repair Database

Now try adding the music
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried your last idea - opened itunes in iphoto hit the icon on the left next to the word itunes and it opened up Thanks for all the help and ideas - well appreciated.