Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I just bought an IPAD at Best Buy and they spent a lot of time

I just bought an IPAD at Best Buy and they spent a lot of time trying to set up my email and couldn't get it figured out. I know nothing about this techi stuff, can you tell me if there is a trick.

Bonnie Hovorka XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
password
Q

This is all they were putting in, should there be more?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

For security reasons, I cannot see your account information that you posted above. Please answer these questions for me:

1 - What is the part after the @ symbol ONLY?

2 - What was the error message that you received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

q.com

It automatically comes up with

The user name or password XXXXX

"Quest" is incorrect

Settings or OK

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did you create your q.com email address before September 20th, 2010?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I've had it for years...

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Try manually setting up your email address on the iPad with the following settings:

• Username: Full email address
  • Password: Password (case sensitive)
  • Incoming Server: pop3.live.com, port 995, SSL enabled
  • Outgoing Server: smtp.live.com, port 25, SSL enabled, requires authentication, use same settings as my incoming mail server.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and I will ask them to try this, if we still have problems can I contact you again on the same call?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely! - I hope that Bestbuy isn't charging you each time you go back to them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope they aren't either after I just gave them 500. Thank You I appreciate it.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome!

Please be sure to rate my answer as EXCELLENT so I am compensated
Josh, Mac Support
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support