John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

i have an older ipod, a new computer, how can i transfer my

i have an older ipod, a new computer, how can i transfer my music from my ipod to the computer
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Is this an iPod touch or a classic iPod with scroll wheel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
iPod touch
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ipod touch

Thanks. Is the music on the iPod songs that you purchased from iTunes or ripped yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks and do you have a windows or Mac based PC?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Lawrence.

While there are a number of options to get purchased music off the iPod, Apple offers absolutely no official way of retrieving songs you've ripped yourself.

However, luckily, there are 3rd party utilities that can copy music directly off an iPod.

SharePod may be the easiest utility for you:

Download and install SharePod on the computer.

Once you have the above installed, connect your iPod to the computer. If iTunes starts, quit it.

Start SharePod.

You should see options like "Backup iPod" or "Copy to PC" and have the ability to import them automatically into iTunes (there will be a checkbox).

Once you are finished copying them from the iPod, Quit SharePod and then disconnect your iPod from the computer.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,