Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Hi, I have a corrupted excel file that my mac is not allowing

Hi, I have a corrupted excel file that my mac is not allowing me to open. Can you help me??

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

Would you be willing to send me the file so that I can see if I can open it for you?

Customer:

Yes that would be great! How should i sent it to you?

BeBoo :

Sorry, I seem to be having issues with chat. You can upload the file to Wikisend: http://www.wikisend.com/

BeBoo :

After the file is uploaded, please provide the URL or file ID so that I can download it.

Customer:

Sure no worries

Customer:

ID:126172

Customer:

Do you need any more info?

BeBoo :

Let me download and see what I can do.

Customer:

Amazing thank you :-)

BeBoo :

Ok, I was able to get it open and repaired. It said there was an issue with a formula on sheet 5 which appears to be the Total Sales sheet, I believe. All of the formulas are =#N/A - not sure if that is what they were but I was able to at least get it open and repaired.

Customer:

I have downloaded the file but i still cant open it on my computer the same error is coming up, what can i do?

BeBoo :

Interesting. And you are opening the one I sent you back, right?

BeBoo :

How about this one instead? I saved it in a different format (xlsx, instead of xlsb). http://www.wikisend.com/download/301092/Total%20Sold%20-%20Jewelery%20-%202013%20-%20test.xlsx

Customer:

Yay i have it now, Thank you :-)