Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Is there an inexpensive microphone that works with a Mac m

Customer Question

Is there an inexpensive microphone that works with a Mac mini?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

As far as inexpensive, the cheapest ive seen that will work is show below

click link to view

That plugs directly into the microphone port, and is powered by the mac..As far as quality, I wouldnt expect very much.

Now, as far as a small and inexpensive, yet quality device

I would recommend the Olympus ME52w ( shown below )

click here to view

The vast majority of reviews are all five stars.. This is a quality microphone, that plugs into your mac and you can clip it on the top of your screen, or even your shirt, depending on your preference.. Note that neither of these are battery operated.. And they both draw power from the mac.. This has benefits though, as you dont get any signal bleedover from the devices own power source ( which makes your voice less clear )

If you wanted something a bit more expensive, send a reply including a price range, And I will be happy to suggest something that fits..

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin