Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

I am having problems connecting my iPad to my MacBook. Can

I am having problems connecting my iPad to my MacBook. Can you give me step by step instructions, so I can make sure I am doing it correctly?

My MacBook is connected to the internet using a "air card" through the USB slot, and I did select "Internet Share" with the "Share" icon in systems. I named my network and the iPad sees it, but for some reason is not connected. I also selected no security, and I would think it would connect, but it does not.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Often times, setting up Internet Connection Sharing is difficult to setup.

May I ask, if I can remote into your system with our temporary remote application fix this for sure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, feel free to do so

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=b1486c2a-8ee3-42c9-9606-90ebdb37ffc3&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am running Safari, but I have FireFox and Chrome of you suggest another.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

Please, try again in Safari.

Open the Downloads window, double click the Elsinore item in the list, and allow it to run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I open "Downloads" window?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

In Safari, in the top menu bar, click Windows > Downloads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I tap on the Safari at top left I see a pull down window listing:

About Safari

Safari Extensions

Preference

Private Browsing and so on....

I do not see Windows or Downloads

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

To the right, do you see all of the other items in the Menu?

All the way to the right on the top (2nd from the right) click Windows > Downloads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see "Windows" which is just to the left of "Help", but when I click on "Windows" I only see minimize, zoom and so on, but no "Download"

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Let's try another option.

DISCLAIMER

By choosing to click the Join.Me link below, you understand and agree to give the Expert full access to and control over your computer for computer diagnosis, service and repair; that any third-party software acquired, installed or used during the RemoteDesktop session, by you or the Expert, will be licensed to you, and any terms of use agreed to by you.

JustAnswer strongly recommends that you at all times maintain a complete data backup and disaster recovery plan.

If you agree to the terms listed above, you may continue below.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Join me / 272-520-755

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is working!

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic :)

I am glad to hear that.

Please, do not forget to rate my help below.

If you ever have any issues in the future, please, let me know.

Thank you again,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have another question regarding my Mac. The mail of all my past emails is using a large amount of storage keeping the 50,000 emails. Can I delete what is in my computer, and not effect my actual emails stored with AOL and Yahoo? I need them all to reference if needed.

MacKeeper says it is using up 7.5 gb of storage in my computer.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

The policy of the site is that I cannot really work on problems not related to the initial problem. If you wish, you can rate this question and then open a new one at: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

The answer to your question is not a simple one. I would need a lot more information regarding your account and the application that you use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I monitor my emails with the "mail" program with the Mac. I have 1 AOL account, and 3 Yahoo that I monitor for business mostly. I read the emails and then leave them in the inbox as read. I do not trash any if they may be needed to look at again, years to come from now. I have been doing this since the internet was available over 25 years ago.

Side note, I bought one of the first Mac computers in Fairfax Virginia when their first store opened, and then started buying them from Neil Armstrong who was the first person to walk on the moon. As you can see my Mac is a mess for I worry to throw out many things.

If I delete the old emails in my mail that is the program in my Mac, will it automatically delete them actually with the accounts. If there any chance of this, I will just leave them, and next time get a MacBook with more internal memory.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I am not allowed to work on unrelated issues. I am sorry. You must create a new question for this new problem and rate the current question.

In the new question, I will need the following information:
- Are you using POP3 or IMAP protocols with the email accounts
- Do you have it setup to delete the emails online via your webmail interface?
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.