Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

DiskWarrior used to rebuild the directory of my Western Digital

DiskWarrior used to rebuild the directory of my Western Digital external hard drive
(WD10000H1Q-00, WCAU40043909), but it no longer do so. At step 8 of the rebuild, a message directing me to restart my computer appears. Since DiskWarrior still rebuilds my internal hard drive, I suspect that the problem lies in my Western Digital drive. Can you help?
I use an iMac: OS 10.7.5 (Lion).
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.