Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a new Ipad4. I was working using an app and the sound

I have a new Ipad4. I was working using an app and the sound stopped working. I thought I might have hit the mute button but that is not the case. I have the volume all the way up and I have tried using other apps and there is no sound with any of them. What do you think is the problem?

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to do restart the iPad yet: Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPad for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

If needed, please go to Settings -> General -> Sounds, and check.

If needed, please go to Settings -> General -> User side switch to, and check; you can see full details at

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4085

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did the reboot like you said and it is working just fine, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX caused it in the first place?

You're welcome. Great. Like a computer or any other electronics device, sometimes the memory gets full or corrupted (as there are many apps/programs running), so we just need to completely turn off / restart the device.

If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/