John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

i have a new iphone and need to get data from my od one onyo

Customer Question

i have a new iphone and need to get data from my od one onyo it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.

Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Is your previous phone an iPhone, as well? Also, what do you mean by "I cannot get into itunes device"?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. an iphone..

itunes has a place for devices usually to sync to

Thanks Susan.

If you are using iTunes 11, you may not have the sidebar enabled as was the case in earlier releases.

Open iTunes

Click the "View" menu at the very top of the screen and select "Show Sidebar".

When you connect your iPhones, they should appear in the sidebar under Devices as you expect.

To backup and restore your phone's content:

Connect the old iPhone to your computer.

When it appears in the iTunes sidebar; right-click or control-click on your old iPhone and select "Backup".

Note: If you have purchased music content from the iTunes Store, you can also transfer it to the computer:
-Right click on the iPhone and choose "Transfer Purchases"

When you are done backing up the old iPhone, you can eject and disconnect it from the computer.

Next, connect your new iPhone. If this is the first time it may ask if you wish to restore from a back up automatically. If not; When the iPhone appears under Devices in the iTunes sidebar, right-click or control-click on the iPhone listing and choose "Restore From backup".

It should now lead you through the restoration process.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

show sidebar does not appear

In iTunes, click on "iTunes" in the menu bar and then choose "About iTunes". Please tell me the version listed that scrolls up from the bottom of the window.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.