Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
65126503

Editing a spreadsheet on an iPhone 4:I have a spreadsheet

Editing a spreadsheet on an iPhone 4:

I have a spreadsheet that I created with Google Drive. I can view the spreadsheet with the Drive App on my iPhone, but I can't edit it. I have tried double clicking on a cell to edit but it does not work (https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2761244?hl=en). How can I get this to work?

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

can you let me know what version of iOS is installed on the iPhone

Steve Herrod :

and are you connected via the cellular network or a wireless connection when trying to edit the spreadsheet?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

iOS 6.1.3

Customer:

I'm connected via WiFi

Steve Herrod :

Thanks - out of interest are you able to edit the spreadsheet if you disable the wireless connection and just connect using the cellular network?

Customer:

No difference after turning off WiFi.

Customer:

After the Google drive app displays the spreadsheet on the iPhone, I enlarge it and then double tap on a cell. The spreadsheet then collapses back to its original size. I see no option to edit the cell.

Steve Herrod :

are you trying to edit a cell which currently contains data or is empty?

Customer:

I've tried both. Neither work.

Steve Herrod :

Ok - as a test can you see what happens with this sheet?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

No difference

Customer:

When I double click on a cell and the spreadsheet gets smaller, the bottom half of the display is blank... as if that's where the keyboard should appear to make an edit. But no keyboard....

Steve Herrod :

ah ok - thanks, XXXXX XXXXX like some kind of strange application issue. Has the Google Drive app been uninstalled and reinstalled?

Customer:

no I will try that and advise

Steve Herrod :

thanks

Customer: That worked, I had Gdrive installed instead of Google drive. GDrive should have allowed edits, but replacing it with Google's app fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.
Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

glad it is working