Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

with my new mac mini after i have downloaded photos and put

with my new mac mini after i have downloaded photos and put them in an e-mail they are very small in the letters when opened, with my old mac cube they would be nice and large when opened. anything we can do to change this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you using Apple Mail application to send the photos ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hate to say this, but am at work now, so i don't know, anyway we could do this on this coming monday, when i can be home?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Of course we can. When you get home, you can change some settings. Mail usually reduce the size of the picture attachment. When you attach a photo in Mail, an "Image Size" drop down menu will appear in the lower right portion of the email window and from there you can choose "Small", "Medium", "Large" or "Actual Size". Select "Actual Size" in there. and then send See a sample picture below;
graphic

Let me know how it goes.

Also add a bookmark of this page Carl, so we can continue later.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi ashik, carl here, apparently i do not use apple mail applications, and can not figure out how to do this.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What application are you using for email then ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

aol/netscape

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure you are sending emails from AOL/Netscape ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay, but yes, header readsXXX@XXXXXX.XXX/

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl, Click on AOL menu in the top left and then select About AOL. Let me know the version number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing says version number, what we have is

type: text/html

render mode: standard compliance mode

encoding: UTF-8

X-UA-Compatible IE=10

robots noindex,nofollow

content-type text/html; charset=UTF-8

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Carl, not sure where you get that from. Could you please tell me how you exactly mail the photos ? Please tell me the steps you do to mail the photos from iPhoto

I'm asking because I need to confirm that you are not mailing from iPhoto or Mail but from Netscape/AOL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i open by clicking on the email icon on my mail page, when i do a photo, i click on the paperclip and it brings up my photo files from i-photo, i click on a picture and hit open.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Carl. That helps. Now could you please give a screenshot of that email window ? Press Command(Apple) + Shift + 3. This should create a screenshot of your Mac into desktop. Then upload that screenshot into www.wikisend.com website and give me the download links/File ID that you get after uploading iy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

mail

not sure if this worked

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No, that didn't work. Just press Command(Apple) + Shift + 3. This should create a screenshot of your Mac into desktop. Then goto www.wikisend.com website on your browser and upload the screenshot. Then give me the download links/File ID that you get after uploading it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done, file #445266

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Carl. That picture really helped. Carl, you are using AOL Webmail and not any AOL applications. What you want to do is, click and drag the photo you want to mail from iPhoto to desktop. This will copy the photo from iPhoto application to desktop. Then select that photo from desktop when you want to attach it to your email. Try and let me know.

Another good option is, add your AOL account to iPhoto - so you can directly Mail from your IPhoto itself without going to AOL webmail.

See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2421?viewlocale=en_US

After adding the AOL account in iPhoto, you can directly send the photos from iPhoto itself. Please let me know how it goes Carl.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

success! added aol to iphoto.

thankyou!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :) Now send and see if they still showing as small images. Let me know..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i did and they start small, but when clicked on blow up to large just like they did with the old cube.thanks again, carl.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that Carl. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,