Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

my facebook will not bring up any pictures

Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, I will assist,

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you using the facebook app?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Have you tried to do a quick restart yet: press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPad for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check

Viet - Mac Tech :

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes I have done all that. we have been overseas and it was working well, got back to perth now it wont load any pictures from my friends

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry. Are you using the facebook app? Have you tried to uninstall the facebook app, then redownload it?

Customer:

yes I am using facebook app, havent unintalled and re downloaded

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please try to uninstall it first, then redownload it from the App Store

Customer:

how do I uninstall app can you run me through that

Viet - Mac Tech :

1. Touch and hold any app icon on the Home screen until the icons start to jiggle.

2. Tap the "x" in the corner of the app you want to remove. You may be prompted to rate the app.

3. Tap Delete to remove the app and all of its data from your iPad.

4. Click the Home button to cancel or stop deleting apps.

5. Proceed to the next step to reinstall your app.

Customer:

have deleted now how do I reinstall

Viet - Mac Tech :

go to App Store icon, then search for Facebook, then download it

Customer:

I just went there and it is saying it cannot connect to iTunes store

Viet - Mac Tech :

Are you on Wi-Fi?

Customer:

yes I am

Viet - Mac Tech :

that's strange. Do this again: press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPad for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Customer:

ok am doing this now

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok thanks

Customer:

ok I have done this and it came back on saying it cannot connect to iTunes store

Viet - Mac Tech :

Can you disconnect the power cord from the wireless modem/router for a few minutes, then reconnect and check?

Customer:

the modem has come up with everything green except for the wireless icon that is flashing red

Viet - Mac Tech :

Go to Settings, General, Reset, reset network settings on the iPad, then go to Settings, Wi-Fi, and connect

Customer:

the I pad has connected to the wifi

Viet - Mac Tech :

see if iTunes work

Customer:

it starts to load then it comes up with cannot connect

Viet - Mac Tech :

Was App Store / iTunes store work previously on the iPad?

Customer:

don't know I haven't been to it while we were away or since this problem has started

Viet - Mac Tech :

Go to Settings > General > Cellular and make sure it's on

Customer:

cellular data is on and so is the data roaming

Viet - Mac Tech :

turn off Wi-Fi and see if you can go to app store

Customer:

turned off wifi and used 3g but still now letting me into itunes

Viet - Mac Tech :

It's very strange. Turn back on Wi-Fi, then go to Settings > General > Software Update. i

Viet - Mac Tech :

, and update if any

Customer:

it says ios 6.1.3 your software is up to date

Viet - Mac Tech :

Go to settings>general>date & time>set date & time, and make sure data & time are correct, then check

Customer:

ok have done that the date was not right have reset the date

Viet - Mac Tech :

now check app store

Customer:

its working now have got app store up

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, now search for facebook and download it

Customer:

am doing that now

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok thanks

Customer:

just waiting for it to install

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok

Customer:

ok it has installed just logging in to fb,

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok thanks

Customer:

you bewdy it has come up thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have just been that date setting.

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, yes, do you have any further question?

Customer:

let me just think about that

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok

Customer:

no I think that will be all today thank you very much

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you very much,

Customer:

ok will do thanks again. bye

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome. Thank you. Bye.

Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.