Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

am trying to use a new ipad 2. my PC tells me that a usb device

am trying to use a new ipad 2. my PC tells me that a usb device has failed on my computor. Have tried disconnecting the lightniing plug
What am I doing wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Would you like to do a remote connection? I can remote in and try to resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Great,

Please use the link below to reach join.me when you reach the site on the right side type in session ID to join the session 807-006-151

When you join you will see my screen I will then request to see yours. You will get a prompt to download the software click Download. Then I will see your screen.

Click here>>>http://join.me
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
I apologize the screen session did not work the wat I expected it to.

Can you go back to the site click on Start Meeting. The software will prompt to run, after it does you will have a Join.me window top of your screen. Can you reply back to me with the session number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Everything is far too confusing and we are not getting anywhere

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, once I can get onto your PC I can try to resolve your issue.

Please click on the link below when you reach the site click on Start Meeting on the left site. You will get a prompt to run the software.

A box will appear at the top of your screen which says join.me with a 9-digit session number. Please reply back to me with it so I can remote into your PC.

Click here>>>http://join.me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still not getting anywhere

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you close iTunes and unplug the iPad.

Plug the USB cable into another open USB port then open iTunes. Let me know if you still get the same message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

changed usb. did not get the same message but ipad does not charge on this one.

when I try to download iccloud control panel2.1.2 for windows I get a message"Download failed. Safari cannot download this file.

What next?

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Are you using a Mac or Windows PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK,

Please try the following:

If you have Windows XP, click on Start, then Run. In the Run box type in CMD and hit enter.

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 click on the windows logo button then CMD in the search box and hit enter.

A DOS window will appear, on the command line type in:

netsh winsock reset

Then hit enter you will be prompted to restart your PC. Restart and when you come back try to download the control panel.

Let me know how you make out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

after enter a message "documents and settings\owner appears

nothiing else

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
What operating system is your PC using? XP, Vista or Windows 7?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XP

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Click on "Start" button.

Then click on "Run", In the Run box type in CMD then hit enter on the keyboard.

A DOS window will appear, you will see the cursor on the command line type

netsh winsock reset then hit enter.

You will be prompted to restart your PC. Do so and try to download the Control Panel.

Let me know how you make out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

message says netsh winsock is not recongnised as a command

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
the entire command is netsh winsock reset

Please
make sure you type the entire command.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tri

"'''''
tried to download control panel but it failed again

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Can you try from Internet Explorer to see if it is a browser issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry ifI appear dense but we are talking over the internet already

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
No problem,

In a earlier response you mentioned you were using Safari web browser. Can you try Internet Explorer browser instead to try and download Control Panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do I do that

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Click on Start then All Programs.

Locate Internet Explorer on the program list and open it. From there locate the Control Panel. You can go to google.com and type in iTunes Control Panel and locate the download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

icloud installer requires vista or later

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
That is our issue. iCloud Control Panel doesn't work with your current operating system XP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well that solves one problem.

The data as I read it says that ipad 2 runs on xp. Where did I go wrong?

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does, we got off track with the cloud panel.

Do the following:

1. Connect the device to the computer.
  2. Quit iTunes if it launches.
  3. In the Start menu, right-click My Computer and choose Properties.
  4. Click the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button. The Device Manager window should open.
  5. Click the plus (+) icon next to Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand this selection.

6. Locate the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver in this list. If this entry is displayed without any "x", "!" or "?" symbols over it, then this driver is successfully installed. Proceed to the next section, titled "Check for third-party software conflicts".
  • If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed, proceed to the section below titled "If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed".
  • If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is listed, but has a red "X" appearing next to the device's entry, this device is disabled. To enable this device, right-click its entry in Device Manager and choose Enable from the shortcut menu.

• If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry is listed, but has an exclamation mark or question mark over it, continue to the next steps to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device driver.

Reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Driver

1. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Uninstall from the shortcut menu.
  2. In the resulting dialog box, click OK.
  3. In the Device Manager window, right-click Universal Serial Bus controllers and choose Scan for hardware changes from the shortcut menu.

Windows automatically reinstalls the necessary drivers and attempts to remount the device.

• If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry still has an exclamation mark or question mark over it, continue to the next steps to manually update the Apple Mobile Device driver.

Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver

1. Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver from the shortcut menu.
  2. If asked to connect to Windows Update to search for software, choose "No, not this time."
  3. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click Next.
  4. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install". Then click Next.

5. Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and click next. Then the Have Disk button should appear.
  6. Click the Browse button, then navigate to the following location:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  7. Double-click the usbaapl file.
  8. Click OK in the Have Disk window. Then click Next. Click Finish. Windows installs the driver.

Let me know you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience: 4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple mobile device usb checks out as satisfactory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at this time
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Still having the same issue with the ipad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes.

I have problems with e-mail and using safari

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Is your iPad connected to WiFi?

What kind of problems are you having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I tap messages I get a message "No message selected"

I have checked my e-mail on the PC and it is working properly.

Since I set upthe e=mail account I have only received one e-mail on the ipad and that was from a banned sender on PC.

When I tap Safari I get a screen titled "Using your Apple ID for Apple services. Dosen't make much sense to me

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I have seen the message you are referring to on your Safari browser.

What email service are you using? Also do you have WiFi access on the iPad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am connected to WiFi. Ican use the internet on the ipad without any problems

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
What email service are you using on your iPad?

Do you have more then one Apple ID?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

internode

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Please use the link I have provided to setup your account again on your device.

First remove the current account, from the home screen tap on Settings>Mail, Contacts Calendar

Locate the account on the right side and tap on it. Scroll down and tap Delete Account.

Then setup the account again.

Click here>>>iPad Email Setup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks. that should get me out of the problem but I have to go out now and will be tied up with health issuues for the next few weeks

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome!

Selecting a positive rating for my assistance is appreciated.

If you have any new questions please save direct profile site to reach me.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Thanks,
Cris