Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

My Skype keeps not allowing me to go into my contacts and call

My Skype keeps not allowing me to go into my contacts and call the. The little symbol that looks like lightning above the top by the tool bar goes black and just keeps going round and round as if it is trying to connect me but doesn't. Carol
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carol and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Seems like your Skype program is not working properly as it should. Please CLICK HERE to download and install Skype. After installed, run Skype and see if you can access your contacts and call them.

If does not work or you have any questions/concerns, do not rate yet! Click on Reply to Expert to reply so we can continue to work on this issue. Otherwise, please kindly rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Nick for your help but still not working and I have tried to download and install the Skype as you suggested but I have to admit I am not computer savy and am getting a little confused with all the instructions or perhaps I am choosing the wrong buttons to install again ad it isn't that clear to me anyway. I will tell you what I done when I clicked into install Skype and we can take it from there. I clicked download mac windows can't open this file appeared so clicked web server to find program file type Mac Intosh OX disk copy image file appeared then gave me files to chose from I chiose Vista Windows as that is what my computer is and I didn't know others then I got more confused so just decided to talk to you. I am sorry but you are going to have to be patient with me as I really am scared I am going to do the wrong thing and buggar my computer. So when I click to download the Skype what button do I use is it the downloads up the top or is it the mac windows down the bottom as once I click on either of them I don't know what to do from their Nick I must be thick so sorry.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Carol,

Is your computer a MAC or Windows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Carol.

Your question was under Mac. That is fine. Please do the following steps:

Exit/quit Skype.
CLICK HERE to download and install Skype.
Run installation.
Open Skype and see if you can use it normally.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many many, many thanks Nick you are wonderful I am not sure what I really done but it must have been right it is all appearing green on the little icons again instead of black like before so thank you very much and you have a great weekend. I have tried to click on the rating for you but when I do this it says access denied. So I rate you as fantastic service and reply to my questions. Take care

Regards Carol

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Carol,

GREEN means the person is online/available. Hope it will work for you from now on.