John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Has anyone figured out yet how to convert this hp touch pad

Has anyone figured out yet how to convert this hp touch pad to make it an iPad by installing a os x by apple onto it so that we can play and use apple apps?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no method to install OS X or iOS (the operating system used on the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch) on the HP Touchpad. These operating systems are built for very specific hardware and the HP Touchpad does not have it. Plus, Apple does not release the source code for people to tinker with like this.

In the case of Android, which is open source, there are many people with their hands in it's development and it is written to run on as many platforms as possible. This is why it's been easier to get it running on the HP Touchpad.

So, unfortunately, the answer here is that running Apple's OS or apps on the Touchpad is not going to happen.

However, you might want to keep an eye on Phoenix International Communications. They are in the process of developing software so that you can run Android apps under the WebOS already installed on your HP Touchpad. Assuming this comes to fruition then it should be the best of both worlds.

http://www.webosnation.com/phoenix-acl-touchpad-passes-35000-kickstarter-goal-10-days-spare

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,