Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

i used to use outlook at work and all the microsoft applications.

i used to use outlook at work and all the microsoft applications. i have retired, bought myself a macbook pro and am now using gmail . wanted to know if i can use outlook with my gmail on my macbook pro
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, Microsoft Outlook and all other office applications like Word, Excel etc are available for Mac. You have to buy the Office for Mac 2011 for your Mac to get Outlook, Word etc. Get it from here :

Office for Mac 2011 is specifically designed to work with Mac OS X. Once you downloaded and installed it, you can setup your Gmail account with Outlook easily. First, enable IMAP on your Gmail account.
  1. Sign in to Gmail (from
  2. Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
  3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
  4. Select Enable IMAP.
  5. Click Save Changes

Then open Outlook application on your Mac, click on Tools menu or (Outlook menu) and select Add Account. Then select IMAP if asked and follow the onscreen instructions to setup your Gmail. Let me know if you have any difficulty setting it up and I'll walk you through it.

Best Regards,