Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a MacBook Pro ( unibody ) and i have a issues where

I have a MacBook Pro ( unibody ) and i have a issues where the Mac will start up and then in just goes to a blue screen I have zeroed the drive and reformatted it and installed OSX 10.6 I have tried everything dont know what else to do can u help? Oh also I can only start up in Safe mode and there is a funny couple of lines following the mouse in safe mode.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

The first thing I would suggest is a pram reset.
To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.
The startup sound should also get louder.

graphic
This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

The second thing I suggest doing is an SMC reset (System Management Controller)
Follow these steps exactly and it may help a lot.

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.
Try those two and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I did both things you asked and i am still getting the blue screen.

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
You may have a bad copy of OS X 10.6 installation DVD. I have had more than one OS X install DVD over the years.

Is this the original that came with or a retail copy?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Retail Copy

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
What did the MBP come with? You might want to try reinstalling that.
It may want to start fresh but it sounds like that will not be a problem.
Or, if there is an Apple store close by you might want to trade that DVD for a new one. They can test it also to see if it is bad.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Whats the MBP? We can start fresh and the apple store is in the city which is far for me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
MBP is MacBook Pro.
Too bad that the store is so far away.. It would have been nice.
What did the MBP come with? I mean what version of OS X.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have OSX 10.6 I got the computer a while ago from a friend and then took it to tekserve and the fixed everything that was wrong with the computer hardware wise. That was 2 years ago. And I also been using if fine since recently.

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
Ok, please tell me when this started. What were you doing when you first noticed it.
Also, does it boot OK from the 10.6.1 DVD?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok I was using Logic on 10.6.8 and then while i'm using it, the computer just froze. So i rebooted and then got a funny screen where i can see partial of the login screen but not all of it and the mouse kept spinning in that rainbow color so I proceeded to clean the drive restart and did a time machine back up restore. that didnt work so then i goggled it and it brought me to this site where i saw other people with similar problems. So I did the stuff that some of the people wrote and nothing worked. So i then Reformatted the drive and did what i indicated earlier in my initial statement.

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.
Ok, that helps a lot.
I originally thought it was a corrupted OS X with a bad install disk. Now I am thinking that the logic board has some issues.
Thing is that I cannot really accurately diagnose this long distance, there are things happening that really need a hands on Apple tech. Someone qualified to look at it.
There are some mail in places that I trust, including Apple.
Apple is quite reasonable in repair pricing and they do know what they are doing. The turn around is about one week from when you ship it and when it comes back.
For example, I had a MBP repaired that needed a logic board, an optical drive and a top case with keyboard, cost was $310.00 total price. Turn around was 7 days.
That was a few years ago, prices have dropped since.
You can set it up here if you like.
I doubt it is covered under Apple care but it might be so locate the serial number on the bottom near the hinge.

imgres.jpg

If it is not covered then explore the options on the site I sent.

Your other option is to take it back to Tekserve and see what they tell you.

I could do more if I had it in my hands but I do not so the above is the best advice I can give.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.