Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
Apple iOS devices generally do not need maintenance, however occasionally settings and app data may become corrupted and a backup/restore might cure this.
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)
Connect your iOS device via USB to the computer.
When it appears in the iTunes sidebar; click on your iOS device and select "Back up now" under the Backups section of the Summary page.
Note: If you have purchased music content from the iTunes Store, you can also transfer it to the computer:
-click the File menu in iTunes and choose Devices > "Transfer Purchases..."
When the above has completed, the following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will re-install the operating system on the iOS device, clear any pass codes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup created just prior).
* Open iTunes on your computer
* Connect the iOS device directly to a USB port on the computer
* Turn off the iOS device (hold down the sleep/wake button on the top) until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device simply shuts off, if locked up.
* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds
* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...
* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click ok and continue along for the restore
If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.
Once the restore is complete it should re-install data and apps based on the most recent backup.If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question
. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.
Thanks and good luck,