Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I cannot get my ipod to sync with my new computer.i have reset

I cannot get my ipod to sync with my new computer.i have reset it to factory settings then downloaded the cd into the library but it still will not sync it onto my ipod,can you please help me?

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Could you please provide me with the following information:

1. Did you mean the songs in the computer won't transfer to your ipod?

2. Which ipod is it? ipod nano/touch/classic/shuffle?

3. Is your ipod showing up in itunes?

4. Is there any error message when you try to sync?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 yes

2 I pod touch

3i don't know

4 no error message

thanks

Thank you, Andrew.

Let's try some troubleshooting.

First of all, we need to check whether your ipod is showing up in itunes.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipod. Your ipod name should now be listed to the top right corner of the itunes (or to the left column if you are using an older version of itunes).

Do you have it there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I now cannot get I tunes to load the cursor button is just going round in a continuous circle now.if I reboot my computer I will lose the connection with you.

don't worry. You can bookmark this webpage and get back to me.

Or save this link

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/7su24-cannot-ipod-sync-new-computer-i-reset.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have never done any of those tings ,sorry.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have never done any of those things ,sorry.

Which browser do you use?

Firefox, chrome, Internet explorer etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bing desktop.msn uk

That is not a browser.

What application do you open to get onto the Internet from the computer?

Anyway, just hit the "Ctrl" and "D" buttons together on the keyboard and it should ask you to create a favorite.

Just give it a name and save it. Now click on the star button somewhere to the top right corner of your webpage and let me know whether the favorite we created is just there.

Hi Andrew,

I am not sure whether you lost me. However here is the process of syncing songs on to the ipod.

When you connect your ipod to the comptuer, itunes will show your ipod name (to the top right or to the left column depending on the itunes version you use).

Now, click on the ipod name and now, to the middle of the itunes screen, you will tabs such as summary, info, apps, music etc

click on the music tab there and select "sync music" and select either "entire library" or selected playlists. Now click on apply/sync at the bottom. This should sync the songs into the ipod. If not, let me know.

Note: If your ipod is not showing up in itunes, you need to uninstall and reinstall itunes. Go to start > control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour. Now restart the computer and install itunes from

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Let me know if you find any difficulty.