James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

hi, i have had my iPad for six months, never a problem, however

hi, i have had my iPad for six months, never a problem, however now, though it is plugged in and is fully charged, it says "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." our other computers are doing fine.

thank you for your help.

i have a macbook pro 10.8.3
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is James.

Please close all the iPad apps (quit them) this way:

Push the Home button once to exit back to the home screen.

Then, push the Home button two times quickly. The task pad will open on the bottom of the screen.
Hold your finger on one of the apps on the bottom, until they start wiggling. A minus sign (-) will appear on them.

Touch the minus sign on EACH of the apps to close (quit) it.

Once they are all closed, push the home button again to close the task pad.

Now try Safari again - does it work properly?

Thanks,

J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

iam sorry but i don't see the home button

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
My apologies.

The Home button is the big round button on the bottom of the screen - the one with the square on it.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

apologies,

they are wigging and the minus sign is there, i touch them , i tap, and i even hold them down, but they are still wiggling

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
That's ok.

Keep touching the minus sign on each of them, and they will dissappear.
When they are all gone, push the Home button again to stop the wiggling.

Now - run Safari. Does it work properly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well i got rid of all but three, they just wouldn't leave. i pushed the home button and the safari ap came up, i pushed it and i am back to the original problem

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for trying this.

Please leave safari and open the App Store.
Are you able to browse apps, or does this fail as well?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it shows that i have three updates, Jesus calling, scanner pro and solitaire. an interesting combo

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay, good.
Touch the update button - are they updating, or are you getting a connection error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so far they are installing. all three say they are ready to open

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok - very good. So now we know the network connection is ok.

Open Safari, and go to www.cnn.com

Does Safari work properly and opens the CNN page?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no when i touch safari it goes back to the original response

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
That's fine - ignore the response.
Touch the address bar on the top of Safari, and type there - www.cnn.com

Does that work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry, nothing happened

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to type www.cnn.com on the top of Safari? Or can't find it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i typed it, pressed search, the blue got as far as google

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Let's get out of Safari, then open Settings.
In Settings, touch Safari.
Touch the button "Clear History" and Clear cookies and data" and approve both.

Now get out of settings and re-open safari. Try to go to a website.

Does it work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES, you are a genius, thank you.

so now do i get my apps back?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Your apps should still be on the iPad, you may need to exit Safari, and then swipe with your finger left and right to see them on the next or previous screen.

If you did lose any apps - you can easily re-install them from the App Store app - you won't be charged for them again.

Very glad I could help!

Can you please rate my service to you by clicking one of the faces below?

Many thanks!

J.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert