Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a powerpoint presentation that I made on my mac. I

I have a powerpoint presentation that I made on my mac. I recorded transitions, animations, and narration. I need to get it into iMovie now. Help!
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Power Point is this ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2010
Is it 2010 or 2011 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well crap I just sent away from my computer I thought it was 2010 but it is the newest addition so it might be 2011. I bought it last week. I'll be back in front of the computer in about five minutes and can check.
There is no 2010 for Mac, only versions available for Mac are ......2004, 2008 and 2011. You can export the presentation file as a Quicktime Movie (.mov), then import the quicktime movie into iMovie application. In PowerPoint, click on File menu and select "Save As Movie". Adjust all settings there, and save it as Quicktime Movie.

(Refer this article : http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/saving-a-powerpoint-for-mac-presentation-as-a-quic.html)

Then you can import that Quicktime Movie in iMovie from File > Import.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried that but the transitions and narration didn't save with it.
Lindsay, I'm really sorry for the bad news. That is a known problem or limitation put by Microsoft. It’s not currently possible to retain the sound or animated transitions when saving a presentation as a movie in Office for Mac 2011. The problem is not on your end, but it is a limitation put by Microsoft.

If you want to save it as Movie by retaining everything, there is no direct way. But there is a work around. You can use screen recording options or softwares to record the presentation when it plays on your screen. See here : http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/16/screen-recorder-mac/

For third part app, see here : http://mac.appstorm.net/roundups/utilities-roundups/10-screen-recording-tools-for-mac/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok...thank you.

Linday, you can also do the presentation in iPhoto too, so that you can export it directly to iMovie or iDVD (to burn to DVD). Let me know if you want to know about that..

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can do the screen recording but now how do I delete the recorded narration.
Sorry for the delay Linday. Do you want to delete the narration when you record the screen or the narration in Power Point ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I figured it out. Thanks for your help!
You're most welcome Lindsay :)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Don't forget to rate me Positively Lindsay, so that I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,