Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have several Pages 09 docs that became corrupted when the

I have several Pages '09 docs that became corrupted when the external hard drive they were saved on suffered a catastrophic failure. I was able to use a file recovery program to recover them, but Pages will not open them. The system says they are not in the proper format. Is there any way to recover the data in these docs? It is all text.
Can you send me one of the files?

Go here with any web browser:

http://tinyurl.com/mikemacmedic

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel. When it asks for a description put in your justanswer.com or pearl.com username. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will send it as soon as I get back to my system. Thanks!

Ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just uploaded the file.

Yes I got it. Sorry I thought there was a chance some programs I have could read the copy but it seems not. What recovery program did you use? Do you still have the bad drive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still have the bad drive. I'm still recovering some files from it. I used Data Rescue 3 to pull the files.

Ok that is what I would have recommended. Did you try Disk Warrior to try and rebuild the directory at any point?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Should I have?

Yes I would say recover what you can using the Data Rescue program then try Disk Warrior which can many times repair a drive that Disk Utility cannot. Not cheap but worth having around in an emergency. Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will Disk Warrior be able to recover my Pages files?

I can't say for sure but if it can recover the directory of your drive there is a much better chance, worth the money if they are important files.