Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Im trying to run NinjaTrader on my Mac through Parallels 8

Customer Question

I'm trying to run NinjaTrader on my Mac through Parallels 8 and Windows 7 but it's not working. I see this guy David figured it out. Is there anyway I can contact him and find out how he did it?

Or if anyone else has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Patti
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your query here. I am Jins here to assist you. You need to disable sharing of the My Documents folder for NinjaTrader to work in Parallels.It seems, you disabled mac and windows folder sharing, bu try this also.

1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
3. Under "Features", select "Shared Profile"
4. Uncheck "Documents to My Documents in Windows"
5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine

Let me know the result. If you are getting some errors with ninja, let me know the exact error message.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I uncheck the documents file the computer runs in a loop of logging out and logging back in ... that's all it will do.

Okay, can you please install windows on your mac using vmware fusion or bootcamp ? Then can you check Ninja Trader with that installation ?

Check the following tutorials for help.

Installing windows on mac with vmware fusion

Installing windows on mac with BootCamp

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to use Parallels.
Actually NT not officially support mac. But many users can run it with vmware fusion and parallels. That is why I suggested vmware. Anyway, are you using parallels 6 or 7 ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Parallels 8
Okay, when you are trying to open NT on do you getting any error message ? If so give me the exact error message. If not please check NinjaTrader.exe is running in the Windows Task Manager under the Processes tab. If running, right click on it and click on End Process Tree. Then try to start NT again.

Let me know the result.

Regards
Jins