Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi, Im trying to delete SMS Daemon wich is eating a lot of

Hi, I'm trying to delete SMS Daemon wich is eating a lot of cpu memory, thank you in advance
Hello and thanks for your question. I am on the road at the moment.

It is best that I can open your question to all available experts so they can assist you in timely manner. Once they replied, you will get notified by email by JustAnswer.com.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you open to all available experts.

Javier

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, the version 10.8.3, the processor 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, and the memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Where are you seeing that? Did you install SMS Server Tools ever?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I installed a program called Syphone, apparently I deleted the program but seems I didn't deleted correctly

Ok open Terminal and copy and paste this line and hit Return then restart and tell me if it is gone:

rm ~/Library/Application Support/Syphone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

rm: /Users/Javier/Library/Application: No such file or directory
rm: Support/Syphone: No such file or directory

Select the Finder the first icon in the Dock then to Go at the top of the screen to Go to Folder and paste:

~/Library/Application Support

Look for Syphone folder and trash it, restart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't find the application Syphone, I deleted months ago, but when I opened the activity monitor, there is a process called SMS Daemon

You are not looking for the Application you are looking for a folder called Syphone in your Application Support folder. Did you paste that line in Go / Go to Folder? Did it open your Application Support folder?
If you are having problems I can try controlling your computer if you allow?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, I was restarting my laptop, and takes a few minutes. I find the folder and I deleted the Syphone folder.

OK is it gone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The problem is gone, thank you very much.

Great!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. Thanks.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.