Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My I have a Macbookpro with Mac OS version 10.6.8 that has

Customer Question

I have a Macbookpro  with Mac OS version 10.6.8 that has 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 of Memory. I have a problem in sending new or changed pages to my website.

In fact, I have 2 different site names.

I’m  having trouble adding to either, but I can change the first one but the second one won’t change. Neither seem to accept new pages.

A.  IS IWEB Iweb version 3.0.4 (601)

OUT OF MEMORY ? CAN I ADD TO MEMORY ? I send directly to the ftp server

B.  I would like to create other sites, is there a memory problem ?

Here are the 2 sites in french.

1.   (this one is more or less correct)

When I try to add or change the second site, iweb will do one of 3 things

1. say publishing error - out of memory  

2. or publishing error-Can’t create the file “shapeimage_4_link_0.png.” The disk may be damaged or full, or you may not have sufficient access privileges.

3. or iweb quits

According to iweb domain, there is 410,9 on disk * (in compressed form)

Thank you for your help

Optional Information: 

Software (if necessary): iWeb version 3.0.4 (601)

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test. So please don't Rate to Finish just Reply to Expert when done.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did what you said without any change. I then tried to download the site to a folder to put it on a usb key. IWEB quitte twice telling me it was out of memory. This makes no sense since I have plenty of memory on the hard disk for a 411MB site.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Can I get back to you tomorrow ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
K thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, restart the computer then go to Applications / Utilities and open Terminal copy and paste this line below and hit return then open iWeb and select your site then Publish Entire Site.

rm ~Library/Preferences/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did what you said and tried to publish it to the desktop, but iweb stops before finishing and says publish error-out of memory.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Please make a new site, add a few dummy pages and pictures, etc... and try to publish it to a folder. Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
With a new site of only 18 pages I was able to publish to a folder, but the first time iweb quit even with that. I also tried taking iweb out and reinstalling, with no change. I put the domain in another mac computer and iweb quit there too with the bigger site.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The bigger site quits or says out of memory at page 77.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Well if it happens on another computer I'm afraid the site file is the problem. I know this is not what you want to hear but iWeb has been discontinued for some time and I suggest you begin to switch to another web building program before it stops working all together. Your files on your hosting service are regular HTML, etc... files but the iWeb files on your computer are proprietary and if something happens you will not be able to recover it. I suggest Dreamweaver or another site building program. Load your site to it from your server.