Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi. In iMovie 11 I want to fast forward a clip but when

Hi.

In iMovie 11 I want to fast forward a clip but when I choose fast forward in the clip menu my speed choices are grayed out. My clip inspector has no speed slider. Can you help?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Where do you see a Fast Forward button in the Event clip window? I only see a play or full screen play? thanks.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"Clip" is in the menu bar at the top of the screen. The drop down menu has fast forward, slo-mo, etc.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
That only works for clips that are in a Project and it is basically an effect that is applied to your project not a way to view clips in the Event window. You can just skim with your mouse to do that in the Event clips window.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't drag a video file into the project area because it bounces back, so I imported the file from the desktop. Then the clip appeared in the event viewer but there was nothing in the project window. Thanks to you, I dragged the clip from the event window to the project window and now my options are not grayed out. But why can't I start a new project by dragging clips like the manual says?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
They have to be in an Event first you can't drag them directy to a Project.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What puzzles me is that in the project window it says, "To start a new project, select video or photos and drag them to this area."

iMovie HD sure is easier to work with but doesn't have some features like fast-forward.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes it just leaves out that you have to drag them from the Event window. They need to be processedd to work with iMovie first.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.