Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

I just installed the software, once I connected the Iphone

Customer Question

I just installed the software, once I connected the Iphone a message saying "Iphone connected, reading data" appears and the little clock is moving showing activity but I waited half an hour and nothing happens
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, I will assist,

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried restarting the computer yet?

Customer :

no

Customer :

Should I do it?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Wait. Can you disconnect the iPhone from the computer for now, then press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then reconnect, and check:

Full Size Image
Viet - Mac Tech :

Also, is this a new iPhone?

Customer :

I already resetted the Iphone and reconnected, it is not a new Iphone

Viet - Mac Tech :

OK, does it work now?

Customer :

I shows the same message about reading and the clok is ticking, how many minutes is normal?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Wait a few minutes, and check.

Customer :

ok, waiting .....

Viet - Mac Tech :

By the way, is there anything wrong with the iPhone? Was it working with iTunes software previously?

Customer :

The Iphone is fine, it is working ok,

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you mean you've downloaded the latest iTune software right?
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Customer :

Yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

Did you uninstall any previous iTunes version, if any, first?

Customer :

No

Viet - Mac Tech :

Did you have iTunes program installed previously on this computer?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you know the iOS version on your iPhone, such as iOS 5, or iOS 6?

Customer :

Yes, it had a previous version and was updated, the IOS is 6.1.3

Viet - Mac Tech :

what's the progress now?

Viet - Mac Tech :

So you want to sync iTunes, not iCloud?

Customer :

None, the clock is still ticking

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, are you able to use/sync with iCloud?

Customer :

Yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

Let's try this: go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features, and uninstall all of these, if available:

1. iTunes
  2. QuickTime
  3. Apple Software Update
  4. Apple Mobile Device Support
  5. Bonjour
  6. Apple Application Support
Customer :

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

unplug the Itunes program first,

Customer :

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

after uninstalling, restart the computer, then download and reinstall it:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Customer :

I am working on it

Viet - Mac Tech :

No rush; please take your time.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Well, it takes long to uninstall all these anyway.

Customer :

It is done, all the applications are uninstalled

Viet - Mac Tech :

Great, you can bookmark/add to favorites this web page

Viet - Mac Tech :

then restart the computer, then download and reinstall iTunes

Viet - Mac Tech :

then connect the iPhone and check

Customer :

ok, will I lose communication with you?

Viet - Mac Tech :

No, when you get back to me via this web page, or

Viet - Mac Tech :

check your email for message from JustAnswer

Customer :

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

later, then you can get back to me later via this web page

Customer :

I am back, already installed Itunes, the Iphone is connected to Itunes and syncronized, but the transfer application is performing the same situation

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, do you have another computer to try?

Customer :

No

Customer :

Only Ipad

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, is it okay if you reset the iPhone?

Customer :

Do I lose the messages I am trying to transfer?

Customer :

do you want to access my PC through Teamviewer?

Viet - Mac Tech :

We can do remote support, but I think the issue is on the iphone

Viet - Mac Tech :

You have iCloud, so it backs up your messages right?

Customer :

I do not know, I assume yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

go to icloud.com and check

Customer :

How do I check?

Viet - Mac Tech :

go to the www.icloud.com website and see if it's there.

Viet - Mac Tech :

log in your apple account

Customer :

Already logged in

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you see them?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Actually, let me open this issue to other professionals

Viet - Mac Tech :

and see if they have any other suggestion

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please do not wait; you will get an email /reply when there is an answer. Thank you,

Customer :

I see ,mail, contacts, calendar, notes, remindres, find my iphone and iwork, not see any related to sms

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, I'm opening the issue to other Professionals. Please do not wait. Thank you,

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your issues.

We will have to backup your iphone, restore, then restore the backup. First backup your iPhone with iTunes. Connect your iPhone to computer. Open iTunes. Cancel any sync progress.

Under Summary, go to Backups section. Select This Computer option. Then click Backup Now. See photo.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

This will backup your iphone's data such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps, and more.

Once done, we click Restore button. This will restore your iPhone back to Factory Settings. If there is an update for your iphone, iTunes will download and update. It will take 30-60 minutes based on your internet connection.

After restored, activate your iphone. Then click Restore Backup button under Backups section. Select the Backup that we just did. Then your iPhone should be working normally.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have done everything suggested and still it does not work, we bought a different application to do the same task and it worked smoothly, so we have solve our problem, altough we could not make this application work

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update.

This could be a problem with your iPhone and the iTunes software. In this case, iTunes is the problem as your other program worked.

If you still want to use iTunes, which I recommend to use, we can do a thorough uninstall and reinstall.

Let me know. Please rate my answer so I can get credit for my time.

Have a great weekend!

Nick