Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

I;m trying to create a project on imovie 11. When I click create

I;m trying to create a project on imovie 11. When I click create project and select name, video aspect and frame rate, I click on create project and it says project cannot be created check available space and permission to create project. I have enough space and I went to disk utility and repaired permissions still get the same message can't create project. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Are you using an external hard drive with your mac by chance?

And also, was the create project function working for you previously on this mac, or is this the first time you have tried to use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

First time I've tried to use. I have a external hard drive but everything I'm using is on my internal hard drive

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood Gregg.

Lets try something simple first. This alone may not fix the issue, but its where we should start.

. Try deleting the preferences file for iMovie. Go to the Desktop, choose Go Menu (hold the down Option Key) and choose Library. Navigate to Preferences>com.apple.iMovieApp.plist (for iMovie '11). Move that .plist to the trash and restart iMovie. Then see if you get the same result

If that doesnt work.. Then lets update your mac ( and imovie ) next)

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
  2. Choose Software Update from the View menu.
  3. Click Update Now.
  4. Select the items you want to install, then click Install.
  5. Enter an Admin user name and password.
  6. After the update is complete, restart the computer if necessary.

Then, try Imovie again.. If it still wont allow you to create a project, send a reply and we will continue.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find go menu. I tried to second one but it said that I didn't need an update no update available.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg, the go menu.. Also known as the finder, or spotlight.

Is the small text bar at the top left of your mac screen, where you can type in a search and search your mac for programs or files.

I hope that helps.. If you run into further issues please send me a reply...

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't complete your first solution. I really stuck here.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
If you would like, I can offer you a screen connect session
Where I can connect to your mac from here, share your screen, and perform the repairs myself.

I can be ready to start that connection in one hour.. Would that be agreeable to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Excellent.. Please send me a message in about 40 to 45 minutes.. And I will send you the connection steps.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok you ready

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Sure am.

To get started.. Please click the link below

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=afd7133e-77f3-41f6-bf38-1be4b9fce7f8&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Accept the trms.. Then download and install the file..

Make sure we run that file to start the elsinore screen connection.

When you get to the joining screen, please send me a reply.. ( or if you get stuck please send a reply )

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'm struck

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
where are you stuck at?

How far did you get in downloading and installing the software ..

Are you stuck on the joining screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

upper right of screen Host sc user 19 Stastus: waiting for do I click ok if I do what then

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. Your exactly where you need to be..

Please dont click anything, I should connect to you within a few minutes..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is everything ok am I in the right place

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are we still connected its been more than a few minutes

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
We are now connected, and working on the issue.

Thank you.