Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I had to reinstall window 7. I installed iTunes 11 but had

I had to reinstall window 7. I installed iTunes 11 but had trouble locating the library. Called you guys and you helped but I have over 12,000 songs in my library and it only sees about 346 (the ones I purchased. I looked at the directory structure on my external drive and my directory is H:/01-Music/2012-Music/musicx. Under the root directory (01-Music) there are 7 directories, (Automatically Add to iTunes, Downloads, iPod Games, Movies, Music, Podcasts, and Artwork) Automatically Add to iTunes, Downloads, and Podcasts directories are empty. In musicx are folders with the artist names, but the first folder in the directory is names “_” and in this folder are folders named the title of the album and in those folders are files with the songs. Most of the music in my library is music from albums that I recorded and added to the library. I don’t see would I would think would be any files like (.) something, like the files that control iTunes. Can you tell me where these files are and should’nt they be on my external hard drive if I want to unplug my drive, plug it into someone else’s computer and play my song using their computer?
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=3015143f-1067-4752-9889-a6fe1d6647ea&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Thank you.

All is good now.