Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I cant connect to iCloud. Dialogue box stays, even when I

I can't connect to iCloud. Dialogue box stays, even when I click on OK. Can't power down.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Is the problem on your iPad? Also, did you mean it is frozen on an iCloud backup screen?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had not used the iPad for three weeks. When I opened it, the dialogue box appeared:

iCloud Backup

This iPad hasn't been backed up in 3 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi.

I checked one website that suggested I power down the iPad, but when I tried, the slider appeared but did not operate.

The next suggestion was to download a clean version of iTunes. When I started the process a dialogue box indicated that "Heather's iPad needed the latest version of iTunes." I have downloaded version 11.0.6 (I think that's right), but I still can't get past the dialogue box on the iPad.

Thank you, Heather.

If you meant the ipad is frozen on icloud backup, don't worry. It is a common issue and this can sometimes happen when there is a network disruption or overcapacity etc.

There is no need to connect it to the computer or download the latest itunes.

A simple reset should resolve this issue. On the ipad, Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. (the power button is at the top right and the home button is the big round button at the bottom).

Let me know whether this resolves your issue. If not, we will try the next steps.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Vinod! That worked and iPad is now being backed up.

Great to know that...:)

Have a wonderful day!!