Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Have a PC, and my ipod will not restore. 1439

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Lets start out by downloading and installing the newest version of itunes from this link

Please follow the steps below in solution 1

Once complete, restart the computer and the ipod..

And then attempt to restore again. If you still cannot restore..

Then what we need to do next is download and install revo.

Please download the free version of Revo from the link below

Once downloaded. make sure to run the file, to install Revo.,

Revo is an uninstaller tool, that works much better then the built in windows uninstall tool. Once installed, run the revo program.

Once installed, inside revo.. Uninstall Itunes, Bonjour, quicktime, and apple mobile device support.

Each time you click to remove a program, it will run the normal windows uninstall first. When that completes a revo screen will be showing.. On that screen click advanced, then click scan.

It will find leftover files.. Click to select all, then click delete.

Follow that procedure for each of these programs one at a time.

Itunes, Bonjour, quicktime, and apple mobile device support.

Once complete, restart the computer again. Download and install itunes again. And then attempt to restore again

If you get stuck, or run into any issues please send a reply so that I know to continue assisting you.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does revo take while to download?

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
It shoudnt take that long.. Its not a very large program.

How long has it been downloading for? And what browser did you use to download it with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

google, and its been 15 mins or so, clicked for it to run the install and nothing

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok.. Can you redownload, and ask it to install again. ( It may have just glicthed the first time )
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i have unistalled, reinstalled and tried restoring and it did not work. is there a way for you to remotely log onto my comp and help me? have a ton of music and i need help!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
My apologies for the delay Jacob.

There is a way for me to connect to you, and to try and resolve the issue in person.. I wouldnt be able to connect to you until around 5pm .. ( its currently 330 pm my time )

Would that be ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that would be fine. anything to get me live again. it is 330 my time aswell. my cell is 402 813 2174, shoot me a text or call and i walk me through it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, The website doesnt allow or authorize us to call from our home numbers..

So Around 450 pm.. I will send an email with the steps to connect..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ha understandable just whatever it takes to get me live sir !

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, before we connect I have a quick question..

When you say your trying to restore your ipod.. Are you saying that your ipod is missing all its music, or its other wise not working.. And your trying to restore your music library thats in itunes on your computer, onto your ipod.

Or.. Do you have music on your ipod, that you are trying to put onto your computer that isnt already there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my music is off of my ipod but still in itunes even after uninstalling and reinstalling itunes, which surprised me. my ipod music is completely erased but still on external hard drive and itunes.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Understood Jacob.. And Im ready to get started if you are..

For us to connect, I need you to download and install the free teamviewer program from the link below.

Once installed, run the program. Then on the left it will give you a connection code, and a password.

I need you to send both connection code and the password here, in a reply.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Were connected, and working on the issue in remote support..