Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I went to use my i pad 2 and now get just a black screen with

I went to use my i pad 2 and now get just a black screen with the microphone symbol saying what can I help you with. Not going to the main screen

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

The screen you are mentioning is Siri, I believe. Might be your ipad screen is frozen.

let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue. if not, please let me know how long have you been facing this issue?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i don't have the home button just what can i help you with

The home button is a physical button. The home button is the big round button below the screen of the ipad (the only button on the face of the ipad).

If you have difficulty finding the button, let me know. I will send you a screenshot.

Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether this resolves your issue. if not, please let me know how long have you been facing this issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi that worked thanks. XXXXX 38 dollars though
Great to know that it worked...:)

Your ipad was just frozen.

I understand it may not be worth $38. I am just an expert and I don't have any access the payment area. So I can only help you with the technical side, but the payment queries have to go through our customer support.