Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

I have an Ipod Classic. Some materia

Customer Question

I have an Ipod Classic. Some material has been purchased from I Tunes and other material from my own CDs. I have an amount of Spanish learning material copied from CDs. When using 'shuffle songs' the music was mixed with the Spanish courses to the particular annoyance of my wife! In Spain recently, a friend offered to sort the material into playlists and at the same time added some of the music from his MP3. Since returning home I have purchased some music from ITunes; this appears in muy library but will not now synchronise with my IPod. Also, I now cannot find my Spanish material, music videos and some Podcasts. I think it might be best for me to restore my IPod to synchronise with my library. I am not bothered to retain my friend's music. I then need to find out how to separate the Spanish by trying to understand how to use the playlist facility. Hope you can help. Thanks Keith xxxxxxx

Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

A iPod can only sync with one PC, but it you want to manually move the media then you would have to check off that option in iTunes.

Once you plug your iPod into your PC and click on Sync. Anything you have on your iPod will be wiped out and sync with any media you have on your PC.

Is that something you want to proceed with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Can you tell me how I should now synchronise with my Itunes library. Do I delete by 'clicking' on "reset settings" in the IPod and then connect it to the computer where there would be an automatic sync. with my library? I just want to restore the IPad to where it was before my friend 'helped'! I cannot find a click-on connection on ITunes to sync.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,

When you plug in your iPad to the computer with iTunes and open iTunes. You should be prompted if you want to sync with the computer and media on the iPad will be removed. Do you not receive that prompt. Try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in.

Does your iPad show up on the left pane under devices in iTunes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chris,

With Itunes on screen (connected), I have connected my Ipod. for 10 to 15 seconds it is automatically sychronising, however, it is not transferring material I purchased yesterday, for example, Rod Stewart album 'Time'.

There is nowhere I can find on the Ipod or Itunes which invites me to synchronise. That option used to be there but the latest version does not mention syc. Should I reset the Ipod? Will that delete all material from the Ipod. Should I then re-sync with the Itunes library? Can I safely do that? Keith

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,

If you choose to reset your iPod any material you have will be wiped out. Then you can re-sync with iTunes.

You do not see the material you recently purchased in your iTunes program? Where did you purchase it through iTunes on the PC or from the iPod?

If you don't see the material in iTunes do the following.

On your PC in iTunes, click on the iTunes Store on the left pane. Once the page loads towards the right under "Quick Links" click on "Purchased".

Here you can find all of the purchases you made on your account. Click on the category you are logging for Music, Movies, TV Shows, etc..

Once you have found what you are looking for towards the right there is a download button. Which looks like cloud with down arrow in a box. That will download the material to your iTunes.

Once it is on your iTunes it should then sync to your iPod. Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating first. I will answer your follow ups.
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.itcrisanswers.com

Let me know,
Cris
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,

www.itcrisanswers.com

Let me know,
Cris