Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

i do updates sometimes but it gives me this error: this application

i do updates sometimes but it gives me this error: this application must be closed (microsoft database daemon syncServicesAgent)

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

From what you are describing, it sounds like that application is running in the background. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in activity monitor

Appleologist :

Next to the filter search, choose Active Processes from the drop down menu. Find Microsoft database (or anything simular) select it and choose Quit process

Customer:

ya i got t, thanks! Should there be so many things on this window? so many activity

Appleologist :

Yes. Many of them are required in order for your machine to function. The others are just applications that are still running (those you can close)

Customer:

ok thanks