Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.

I have like 10 thousand pictures on my laptop and it looks

I have like 10 thousand pictures on my laptop and it looks like pictures from any site I have visited has been imported to iphoto. How can I get rid of them?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information. Normally pictures do not automatically import into iphoto from visited websites unless it was manually imported. If you are deleting the photos and they re-appear, it may be because photo stream is still enabled. How did the photos from the internet get into iphoto?

Customer:

That's what I"m asking you because I have no idea. I'm very concerned that they are in iPhoto because it can be from my bank, a credit card, a purchase and on and on.

Customer:

I see it as a big security problem for me.

Appleologist :

Are they all in the same folder?

Customer:

they're all in iphoto

Appleologist :

Are you the only person that uses your computer?

Customer:

I guess they are in pictures. Yes, I am the only one that uses this computer.

Appleologist :

Thanks for the additional information. Lets first disable photo stream before deleting the photos again. How many photos are there that need to be deleted?

Customer:

thousands

Customer:

how do I do that?

Appleologist :

Wow. Click on iPhoto in the top menu bar and then choose Preferences

Appleologist :

Click on the photo stream tab and uncheck all off the boxes

Appleologist :

Once that is disabled. Delete the photos again you can select multiple photos at a time. Once they are deleted. Click on trash in the left column and then choose empty trash which is located in the upper right corner

Customer:

I finally got it turned off.

Appleologist :

Great. Now go ahead and delete the photos again.

Appleologist :

When you are done deleting, click on Trash in the left column and then choose empty trash

Appleologist :

How are you doing so far?

Appleologist :

?

Customer:

I deleted many of them and securely emptied the trash. I hope this does it because it had pictures of everything that I had looked at online.

Customer:

I guess that I'll know if it worked tomorrow. I have to go to bed now.

Appleologist :

No problem. Night Night

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.