Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a IMACModel Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac11,2

I have a IMACModel Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B01
SMC Version (system): 1.64f5
Serial Number (system): W80381MLDB7
Hardware UUID: A1A73CA3-261F-5090-83CC-2621EC380EA7

I bought this to replace a PC which took forever to turn on and was always hanging up.
This IMAC has been great but now is very slow. I'm always getting the little color wheel and waiting. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does the IMAC need professional help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This is a common problem with Mac or all computers. This usually happens if the system files are corrupted.

We can run some troubleshooting steps. So, what version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10.8.3

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

George, We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if it works or not. First try Disk Utility.

• Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn in back on and immediately hold down Option key at boot and select the “Recovery” disk at the boot menu. Or restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command + R keys instead of Option key.
  • This will boot your Mac to XXXXX Utilities” menu
  • Select Disk Utility.
  • In Disk Utility, Repair your disk and Repair Permission

If that didn't work, then reset the PRAM and NVRAM and also try to restart in Safe Mode.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM

1. Turn off your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Restart in Safe mode

Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac boot up...

Let me know if that didn't work, so we continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,