Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

how to restore google chrome

how to restore google chrome
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When did this problem started ? Also, does Safari works ?
Hi Edoardo, It seems like your Chrome application is corrupted. We can reinstall it. First restart your Mac, then without opening Chrome, goto Applications folder and trash Google Chrome from there. Then open Safari and goto

Then download and install Chrome from there. That will reinstall a working version of Chrome. Now try to open Chrome. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I followed your instructions >>>>>Applications>>>>>trashed Google Chrome>>>> >>>>downloaded and installed Chrome from there >>>>same problem!
Does Internet works in Safari ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We can uninstall Chrome and all its related files from your Mac. From Safari, download the uninstaller Application AppCleaner from here :

Open AppCleaner and load/select (or drag and drop) Chrome application in it. This will load Chrome and all its related files in it. Then select all files and delete them.

Then download and reinstall Chrome from here :

Let me know how it goes..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Found google chrome >>>check mark >>then nothing happen
It cannot be trashed either!
Edoardo, What really happens when you trash it with AppCleaner (by Clicking Delete button after selecting it) ? Are you getting any errors ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No delete button !
There is a Delete button, see a sample picture below;
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Those are check marks

I did check mark google chrome but could not Delete!
After selecting them all (check mark all diles), did you hit the Delete button in the bottom right ? You can see the delete button in the picture I sent you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CANCEL button found!

Now I'm going to download chrome and will let you know!
Edoardo, Cancel button won't work. The Delete button is next to Cancel button. Can't you see it ? It will appear when you select Chrome and its related files in there. Do check mark on all the files and doesn't the Delete button shows up there ?
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Edoardo, select Chrome in the Application list (in AppCleaner), then if you can see a Search button in there, click it. This will load Chrome and all its related files. Then you should be able to delete them. Let me know...
Hi Edoardo, if you have still trouble following the steps above, please let me know and I'll walk you through it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did click on Search button that open new screen with Delete button!
The problem is now that after downloading Google Crome it does not work: it only opens as gmail account but not as a BROWSER!
Gmail account ? That is strange. What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
version 10.7.5
Edoardo, You are on the right track. I understand what you are saying. You can skip that step. Click the Skip for now text/link in the bottom of that sign in box to skip that page. You can then start using Chrome. Let me know if you have any difficulty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
...then I get

but not what I used to get before it crashed...with no possibility to RESTORE IT!
That is Google Chrome (updated version). You are on the main page of Chrome. Can't you search or load websites on Chrome ?
Look on that page carefully, you can see a small arrow in the left (like <). Click it and that will take you to the Quick links page. Also, click on Chrome menu and select Preferences. You can setup your default home page, search options etc in there.Best Regards,Ashik
Thanks so much for the Rating and the Bonus Edoardo. Greatly appreciated :)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I must let you know that Google Crome (lately downloaded under your instructions) is practically the same as the one that crashed : only different in lay out but with all the stuff I had before.
Thanks again,
Hi Edoardo, The one we've downloaded is the latest version from Google. We got rid of all bad corrupted files of old Chrome. So you don't have to worry about corruption again. I'm really sorry if you lost anything from Google Chrome, this was our only way to fix the problem.

If you need any help in the future, please come back again.

Best Regards,